1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My kitty wakes me up from nightmares/ bad dreams.

Discussion in 'Sleep & Nightmares' started by 7Cs, Aug 6, 2017.

1. 7Cs

7Cs Well-Known Member Donated

Last night was the third time my kitty (who is a little over a year old) has woken me up by patting my head and face with her paws and nudging me with her nose.

I don't remember exactly what happened in the nightmare/ bad dream last night, just that it was about my trauma. One of the other times I knew it was a bad dream but the 1st time I didn't know why she did it.... I'm assuming it was the same reason though.

I have such a good kitty. :)

Ragdoll Circus, garden, Crow and 6 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. The Albatross

The Albatross Product of decisions rather than circumstances Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Yeah, my Siamese/tabby mix Elsa does that, and her sibling Grace grounds me when I go to bed by laying on my feet so that I can go to sleep easily.

Good kitty... it's not the sort of thing you can teach a cat either, so that makes it kinda extra special, huh?

Sietz and 7Cs like this.
  4. 7Cs

7Cs Well-Known Member Donated

Very special indeed. <3 <3 <3

Sietz, Crow and Bearlinda like this.
  5. Sietz

Sietz Active Member

Mine do it too, the little one more than the older one. But I just woke up from a nightmare with a cat on my face. lol

7Cs, The Albatross and Crow like this.
  6. Crow

Crow Nevertheless, she persisted. Premium Member Sponsor $100+

My guys seem to have a schedule for looking out for me at night. One cat rarely sleeps with me but when she does I fall right to sleep and have safe dreams. My boy will pet my cheek with his paw to wake me from really bad dreams.

7Cs, The Albatross and Sietz like this.
  7. octoberfest

octoberfest New Member

Last nite I was having a horrible dream , when i woke up my cat was kneading my chest and purring in my face, Im certain she sensed my distress and was trying to comfort me. She is normally sleeping at the end of my bed. She is very protective of me. A few times I have fallen and hurt myself , each time she comes running to my rescue and tries to pick me up with her paws and her mouth.

7Cs and Sietz like this.