1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My Motorbike Accident

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

For those motorbike enthusiasts, here are some mentally destroying pictures to our souls... being the before and after pics of my bike accident when a very silly lady decided to clean me up in her big 4wd...

Oh... you can see the bend in the bike from the after shot.

Attached Files:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

OUCH, mmm think i`ll stick to my trains, how and did you keep your cool after that :fight:

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

You get hurt ? the only wrecks I had on the street were caused by what I called "Geriatric Kamakazies" now I'm getting close to being one. It does hurt to see your bike like that.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

well, i'm glad you're ok. you'd like my husband, he's harley guy.
    cathy

6. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Lip quivers. . .

The pretty bike, the broked the pretty bike

sniffs and sulks.

Hope you are okay too.

7. madjon

madjon Active Member

couldnt see pics, its horrid when that sort of thing happens, your left with bits of metal that were once a nice bike, insurance devils and lawyers muttering about not paying for anything because it rained last wednesday in alaska and a fisherman got wet or some such subclause and you feel like screaming, i had a white van instead of a truck, hope you is ok.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Jon, just allow the thumbnails to load first, then click them. Otherwise, make sure in your usercp setting, you have allowed to view images in the threads, otherwise you wouldn't see them.

The bike was a writeoff obviously, insurance paid out... me, the entire left side of my body was pretty much broken, ribs, punctured lung, etc etc. Took me a while to do things again, about 3 months initially, then I was pretty good after that. Straight back on bikes again, even whilst still a bit broken, just riding down the street on the 250 and stuff...

I am looking forward to my agusta when I get around too that one, one day... pure built Italian genius motorcycle that one. For example, most likely a limited edition one though... [DLMURL]http://www.mvagusta.it/_vti_g2_ver.aspx?IdVer=92&rpstry=27_[/DLMURL]

I get a chubby just thinking about it!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

And I thought my hubby was bad about drooling over $40,000.00 bass boats!!!! LOL

Hubby used to ride when we lived in California...I hated every worrying minute. I just can't deal with bikes. They scare the hell out of me.

10. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Anthony, glad to hear it didn't do any serious permanent damage to you.

I love riding...I've mentioned it before on another thread. It's like flying while staying on the ground.

The part I don't like are the people in cars...most accidents are caused by tin-box people (drivers) who "didn't see them". If it weren't for the cars on the road, riding a motorcycle would be extremely safe! Oh, and the stats show that riding a motorcycle is less likely to kill you than riding in a car...go figure!

Anyways...good luck getting your dream cycle...I'm happy with the one I currently have...1982 Suzuki GS650L...gets me where I want to go and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to get there...

11. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Dam, that looks like it hurt. It looks like the frame was bent, if so you could use the motor in a cool go cart. I don't know if they can straighten out them alluminum frames.

Kim those GL Suzukies where a great bikes ( loved that shaft drive ). I had an 850 and put a gazillion kliks on it. Had an old 900 Ninja and put a gazillion kliks on it to, But I would have to say the bike I had the most fun on was the old sportster I had. I know they are archaic and slow but dam it was fun.

12. madjon

madjon Active Member

lol, i have a true archaic bike then, a 1943 royal enfield 350, its green goes up to 58mph and is fun to ride, they dont call em thumpers for nothing, they rattle you about a bit at times, but have a factor 90 grin to em.

13. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Those Pics make me so sad Anthony But the new dream bikes Kicks A$$ I have a 2005 limitied edition all Black Yamaha R6 I just love it my hubby has theexact same bike and we have a great time riding them