• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My stress ball exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxLiz

Sponsor
It has been a rather difficult week and thinks don't appear to be easing up any time soon. Added to that is my t and I have been researching and speaking to residential treatment centers about a placement for me.

I didn't think that I was that stressed but when I am I have a large collection of stress balls. This one was a favorite and I have had for about a decade and as I was speaking with an employee about an issue "POP" and the pink goo liquid came flying out over my shoulder and on to the floor. Guess I need to reconsider my stress level today. The positive thing is that it made me laugh for the first time in days.

@Xena thank you yes things have been very stressful lately and seeming to get worse with each passing week. I had a preliminary conversation last night with my son about going to the treatment center and it didn't go well. I understand his concerns but I am not sure I was ready for him to tell me he doesn't want me to go.

@Xena thank you yes things have been very stressful lately and seeming to get worse...

That's tough... But deep down I'm sure he wants he wants you to be everything you can and want to be... You know......

You've been 'slimed' by a stress ball, it doesn't get much worse than this.... and was so happy to hear you laughed, because I did.... and hope your son comes to understand how important it is that you get get residential treatment, and how much better it will be for him too.... Positive Energy sent you way for this to all work out in your best interest !!!!!!
Thank you for sharing about the stress ball.... only here could we read something like this and completely understand !!!

@Xena your are right I am sure that he wants me to get better but it is his senior year of high school so I understand his not wanting me to be gone for a month or more.

@Freida I am glad I could make you laugh and yeah it was a bit of an understatement.

@ladee I was slimed with pink goo and if you could have seen the face on the employee I was talking to you would still be laughing definately helped to make my Friday a bit better.

The situation with my son really surprised me. I understood his concerns, he is worried that if I go to the treatment center I will lose my job. He is worried that even if they pay me my severance I won't find another job before it runs out. He is young enough that the idea of unemployment or any kind of disability (I hate to admit but I have more than one quantifiable disability) and if I had too I would apply to my employers short term and then long term disability insurance if necessary. Not my first choice but trying to think in advance. For too long I have run scared and put myself last in every situation.

It's by far better to be proactive and find a residential treatment center now while you still have control of things.

I understand you sons concern, but he does not / can not see the bigger picture.

It's INFINITELY better to plan for these things as opposed to hitting rock bottom, losing your job and any type of short term or long term disability through your job, etc.

If you just let things go, you may possibly lose all control, even your freedom.

And as bad as it gets for us sometimes, we do know our own limitations... and possibly you will have to just keep reassuring him , even when you don't have the energy to do this... the strength will come from somewhere.... but you know what you have to do.... and we will just hope one day he understands.....
Please take care of you !!! Having a mom gone for a month is not having a mom gone forever..... and of course he does not understand.... he really doesn't have to..... it would be great if he did and that wouldn't be added to your stress list.... but real moms take care of themselves.... that is what you would be teaching him.... sending lots of healing energy to do what you have to do....... you need the break..... sending lots of gentle hugs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back