1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Need Advice - In-laws are Dealing Drugs

Discussion in 'General' started by Monarch, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

Well, I did my share of drugs when I was younger but once I had kids that are went "bye bye" and I haven't touched the stuff since. However, my brother in-law and his girlfriend came over a couple of weeks ago and brought their kids with that are 8 and 5. They both looked horrible, missing teeth, terrible skin, just that dreadful looking Meth look. My husbands brother must have gone in the bathroom 10 times in the 2 hours they were here. He has a new car and no real job to speak of and I just don't like the whole scene. Both of their kids were dressed in crap and didn't even have shoes on their feet and they smelled. Their son looked in our refrigerator and exclaimed " look at all the food, wow!" It hurts me that they are probably doing Meth and selling drugs and not taking care of of kids. So do I call child protection services on their ass or not? I don't want to kids in foster care either, it is not the best environment. We have room to take them in here but can I handle 2 more kids. The son is a year younger than ours, he is actually a pretty nice boy but his sense of self is already warped and he talks just like his dad, running his mouth about how he is going to have an escalade and a big house when he grows up and he ain't gonna work", always putting down women, stuff like that. He is well behaved though for fear of getting beat. their little girl is 5 and doesn't talk and is severly overweight, she weighs like 80 lbs. and can barely walk. I believe she is mentally retarded and they just are ignoring it, her mom was on drugs the entire pregnancy. I am just sad about it and don't know what to do, I hate it for them and the kids. We have tried to help in the past and it didn't work, it almost got my husband arrested so we quit helping them now it is just bad.
    They were both eyeing our new house and new things though, they kept saying " how did you get such a nice house?", Well, we both work that is how and we value our lives and we want what is best for our kids".
    :crybaby: I am afraid of what is going to happen.

Monica

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Do what is right. Screw the adults, watch out for the babies before it is too late. You know what is right.

4. Miander

Miander Active Member

What if they are manufacturers? The "house" could blow...Who knows how many times they accidentally came into contact with the stuff - that s*** is the worst poison. Just imagine WHEN something terrible happens, how will you feel?

5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

To be honest, did they smell like urine? They could be cooking their own meth and selling to support the new car and their habit. I would either call protective services and the drug task force in your area and drop a dime, you can be anonymouse or definately one or the other. It is damaging the kids emotionally growing up neglected, and possible abuse if they are cooking. The chemicals used to make a batch is unreal and what it does to the kids is amazing, just breathing it and getting it on their skin. I am sorry you have to deal with this, but foster care has got to be far better than where they are at if you cannot care for them. What about other family members, could they care for them for a bit?

6. sparta21

sparta21 Member

I recommend calling the authorities as well. There are 2 instances where I should have done just that, and the situations got worse. You know what to do. Good Luck.

7. Monarch

I totally know what to do, it will be anonymous though, I don't want to stir the family shit. There is noone but us in a position to help, his sister and his other brother are no better, they are all drunks and 2 of our nephews have already been in jail before the age of 16. I swear my husband is the only ambitious one in that family, it is sad. We told our oldest nephew Josh that he could live with us if he went to college, rent free, we would help him out, we have more than enough room in our house. Then he got in trouble, he molested his own sister and we can't have someone like that in our house, not around our kids. The therpists say that kids that engage in incest are the least likely to re-offend, it is more of a acting out at their parents thing, but I don't give a shit I can't be afraid of someone that lives in my house. So he is out on his own and not going to school, it is too bad, he was a really smart boy. His parents screwed him up though, the drinking and beating each other up, having the cops at the house, living in a shit hole and never having anything. It is too bad what parents do to their kids, sad really.

8. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I'd contact other family and discuss it with them. Ask that someone take the kids in for foster care. Then tell the guy and his wife to shape up or sign the kids over to someone that cares.

You'll hate me for this I'm sure, but I won't dare report it to the cops. I have dealt with cops enough to say that they are the last people worth trusting with anything important.

Last time I reported anything worth reporting, a man had been inside my home threatening me for money and instead of arresting him, they arrested me. Now I am the convict. Can't vote and can't hunt.

I may help family, but do you think I'll do anything to help a cop?

9. WarHippy1%

WarHippy1% Active Member

Jack is right. My little girl told me that when the "DARE" officers came to her class in the second grade, they told the kids, "If you see your Mom or Dad doing drugs, if you want to help them get better, tell us and we'll go knock on their door and explain where they can get help.". As an adult, I know better. It goes like this, the child informs, the cops get a warrant because they have probable cause, they bust down the door, take the kids into protective custody, arrest the parents, send em to prison, the kids usually get broken apart and sent to separate foster homes, don't see their parents again til they're 18. My little girl said, "They didn't tell us any of that.". I asked, do you think I should go to prison and you to foster homes because I might smoke a little pot here and there. Her answer was, "NO". And she's right. That's an example of the propaganda that is being fed to our kids by the people we place in places of authority to protect and serve. Anything you say can and will be used in a court of law against you, unless it's a good thing.
    I'd say, unless you can offer those kids a better life, mind your own business......

10. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I agree with WH and CJ to a point. If this could be handled internally with family, wonderful. But...there is a large difference between someone who smokes pot and a meth addict. There is also a difference when the kids are filthy and hungry, pot heads don't neglect their children as a rule. I would not waste my breath on telling a meth head to straighten out, they generally can't without therapy/outside help. I still say, help the kids in what ever way necessary and I would never mind my own business when it came to a child in my extended family being neglected/abused, that is when bad things happen, it is your business.

11. Monarch

I don't want them to go to jail but I don't think they will give up their kids without that happening. I would totally take the kids in, it is alot of work though. I just can't stand by and see their lives ruined by their parents drug habits. That is a tough decision, call the cops and they go to jail or maybe we threaten to call the cops if they don't get in treatment. They don't want to get better though, this has been going on for a long time and the family has ignored it. I don't know how they still have their kids anyway, his brother was arrested last year for beating the Mom up, someone called the cops and they had to chase him down and he was high. They still kept the kids though, wierd.

12. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I agree with Porta. Pot is one thing. But meth is so bad that if you live in the same house as the lab they make it in, you're now contaminated. But still, get the kids out and then do as you wish. Gotta protect the poor kids.

And if he's making ANY drugs in your home, he's placing your life in immediate danger.

13. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:eek: Kids in Danger with drugs in home!!!! My opinion is much the same of others on this forum....Turn them in!! Every hour those kids are in that situation just diminishes a favorable life outcome....I beg of you not to wait any longer....I know that this is a very difficult thing for you to do....but you are probably the kids' only chance....We here will be here for support!!!....KEEPING THE PEACE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar