• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Advice - In-laws are Dealing Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on it, we are going to try the easy way first, see if they even admit there is a problem then see if they are willing to do rehab and w will keep the kids. If that all doesn't work out then I will call social services on their asses. Pray they really want help and can admit they are both drug addicts, I don't want to do this the hard way.

So we are taking the kids for the weekend and we will see how it goes. They both agreed that they need to get their shit straight, they think it will be a weekend thing, they are crazy. The minute those kids are out of the house they will be partying all weekend not worrying about cleaning up their lives. We will see how it goes.

Good luck with this, Monarch. This is such a nasty situation. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. But you're trying to intervene in a positive way, and that's really good.

:thumbs-up I am really glad that you've taken steps to help the kids!! IMHO don't let them go back...It's not likely that drug addicts can just stop their habits over the weekend....Especially if they are not going for help for themselves....Like even Narcotics Anonymous.....These kids have had enough!!! I know that this is all very hard for you..you are in my prayers and thoughts....I imagine the kids will be relieved to get out of the situation...They may not know it yet but you've probably saved their lives!!:smile: I know they will still have some loyalty to their parents but enough is enough...When they get older they will see being taken out of the situation as a very positive action....KEEPING THE PEACE

I hope so, the weekend is the plan for now, I actually paid for them to go to summer camp the next 2 weeks at the YMCA with my oldest son. At least then they will only be at home in the evening. otherwise they sit around the house doing nothing all day while their dad sleeps and yells at them to be quite. We will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back