• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Help With Returning Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugnim

Confident
Hi all. I need a little help managing some returning symptoms. I have been doing mostly ok for several months, but now I've had some symptoms that seem to have returned out of nowhere, and I'm not sure what to do. This weekend, I could feel my anger returning, just simmering & seething for no apparent reason. I knew it was not rational, and I knew I had not been wronged, but I continued to be filled with anger. Even now, when I read things or hear things, my mind goes off on a stream of negative responses, arguing and belittling everything I see. I tell myself this isn't rational, and I try to have more positive & relevant thoughts, but the negativity returns. I had two big fights with my wife this weekend. My fault. They were fights over nothing, but they left me yelling, cussing, throwing things, walking out of the house, and sleeping alone. I hate this.

I also find that my anxiety & phobia are suddenly increasing. Intrusive thoughts are also popping up again. Over and over. My mind feels slowed down, almost pained to think.

I don't know what caused this, and I don't know if it even matters. What I want to know is how to manage this and how to move through it with minimal damage. I still owe my therapist a bunch of money, so talking with him isn't really an option right now. Any thoughts you may have would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for talking to us.

One question if you may, what's worked for you in the past? Is there anything you can build on?

Hi,

Thanks for talking to us.

One question if you may, what's worked for you in the past? Is there anyth...

Honestly, I can only think of unhealthy responses to this. Blowing my temper, smoking weed, eating a shit-ton of food, sleeping, blasting music in a dark room, beating the crap out of myself or someone else, and blowing off all responsibilities sounds like a fantastic way to get through this. But, I know that isn't the best strategy.

Eating a shit-ton of food, sleeping, blasting music in a dark room

That's three things right there that don't sound as a bad coping at all.

Eating food in moderation, sleeping out the worst bits if possible, and taking care of sensory needs sound as a solid start to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back