1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Need Info - Bosnian Refugees?

Discussion in 'General' started by lynda linderman, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynda linderman

lynda linderman New Member

For some reason I have been given an assignment from God--my Bosnian friends who came in the package of a family: a mother and her three children, ages 32, 27, and 18 years. They have been here for six years and the children seem to have adjusted well. But their mother, my good friend, has not adjusted much at all. Last summer I was gifted with a visit to their home in down town Sarajevo. People and buildings have not recovered. I have some idea of what they went through for four years; but I just saw the residuals of the genocide, I didn't experience it.
    My questions are many, but I'll start with: is there a book or info specifically addressing the issues and recovery of Bosnian refugees? My friend is highly educated and skilled, and I would love to find help for her. She is seeing a doctor, but I don't think ptsd is this doctor"s area of expertise. thanks for any info. Lynda

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

hi Lynda, welcome ot the forum...I don't know of any books that specifically deals with this...however, i have some personal experience with this and I ask you to please PM me if there's anything you htink i might be bale to help you with. take care.

RD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar