• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need option

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingK

My Boyfriend was stabbed multiple times 4 years ago when junkies tried to break into his mates house and then again 2 years ago when my ex walked into my house after the first altercation he started showing symptoms of having ptsd and they got worse after the second time since then we have been attacked twice when we have been out walking the dog and now he barely leaves the house we have brought it up with the doctor who fobs us off and says nothing has happened for him to have ptsd I don’t know where to go from there or get the doctor to take it seriously they just keep giving him tablets wich doesn’t solve anything in the long run

Was your partner able to be completely open with the doctor about what he’s been through and what his symptoms are? That can be incredibly difficult...Maybe make notes about what’s going on and the attacks together, then have your partner take that to the doctor so that the doctor gets a very clear picture?

Are you able to access doctors more widely at all?

I agree with the former posts. Print the form and make notes of all the symptoms and try again. Otherwise I'm afraid they're right, you should try to find a way to get him to another doctor. This is a very serious trauma and if he really does have PTSD which is, depending on his symptoms, not unlikely, its important he gets professional help. I wish you all the best in finding a solution. Your doctor sound super inconsiderate and annyoing..

I agree with the former posts. Print the form and make notes of all the symptoms and try again. Otherwise I'm afraid they'...
Okayy.. I have no idea why my actual nick wasn't shown.. still haven't figured out all the controls here yet.. O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back