• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Some Advice About (post?) Ptsd Induced Fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT Johnny

Confident
Hello, all, I haven't been around here much lately because I haven't "felt the need" to be.

In fact, I have to say, emotionally/mentally, my life has "stabilized", and in fact, I'm pretty happy with my life circumstances all around. :)

Physically, though, I'm dragging. I have a lot of "will" to do things in my life, but the physical energy just isn't there. It's frustrating ... not depressing, just frustrating.

I can force myself to move and accomplish things by taking a LOT of caffeine and energy drinks - but it's temporary. The fatigue returns too soon, and the side effects of being shaky, etc., aren't fun either.

Physically, all of the basics are fine - vitamins, routine bloodwork, thyroid, etc. I had a number of medical tests, including a complete cardiac workup, just to be sure of that.

I really think it's a post-PTSD-crash. I spent 3 years running at 110% of capacity, not sleeping, pushing myself beyond my limits.

I have a lot of projects I want to accomplish ... I just can't find the physical energy to do much beyond the necessary. Work/daytime is OK, at night, when I should be doing things around the house and for myself, I pretty much just crash into bed really early, 7, 7:30, 8 pm, and then don't emerge until I have to get up the next morning (5-7 am depending on the day).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back