• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Some Support - Symptoms Out Of Control At Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtsdSpokane

New Here
For those of you who didnt read my intro, my ptsd was caused by relationship abuse. We have been broken up almost 2 years, but I have been having panic attacks, migraines, HORRIBLE nightmares..the whole nine, and it's been getting worse recently. The nurse at work dx'd me with PTSD a few weeks ago after having a bad panic attack at work, and I have my first appointment with a PTSD counsilor on Friday. I am freaking out. I am having such bad panic attacks that I can hardly breath..I had to step outside several times this afternoon at work because I was just freakin. I dont think I am ready to talk about all the nasty stuff. I know I probably sound like a babbling idiot, but I am thinking of cancelling and forgetting the whole bit..any thoughts??

Hello, you have to make a choice. If you're happy with the "panic attacks, migraines, HORRIBLE nightmares.." then leave it, cancel the appointment but if you're not, then go. Its a hard but you can only start to fix things if you tackle them and it will get worse for a while before it gets better. You've made a massive jump already by seeking help and getting an appointment. I think it would be a shame to run the other way now.

Good luck

oh, it's hard sometimes to go, because you are afraid. make yourself go, you need to be with a counselor for a little while before you trust them. if you don't get some help now, it's going to only get worse.
cathy

I was afraid of my first appointment with the counselor, too! Actually, almost decided to cancel it. Good thing I was able to make it, because there the support and treatment I needed was given.
Good luck!

Hi Spokane. I understand how you feel about your appointment. At first, when the appointment was being made, I was upset because the earliest they could get me in was in two weeks. Two weeks is a long time for a ptsd sufferer....and a plenty of time to change my mind several times. Even though I was scared of going and ashamed, I also knew deep down that this was my first steps of "getting out". When I went, I had a panic attack in the car and in the lobby. Be aware of that and bring things that comfort you. Bring someone if you can that you can trust. Plan something afterward that you enjoy as a special treat. You deserve to heal and you deserve some help along the way. Go.

I was so petrified to go to my first appt. I thought that it was a sign of weakness and it was just as good to fight it myself. Guess what you wont win the fight without help!! it takes a lot of courage to go, and after you may still feel like crap, but after a few it does get easier especially if your comfortable with the therapist. Good Luck

I want "out", too. I dont want to be like this forever. But I just feel like this counselor is gonna be like 'wow..what a nut job.' I mean...I have a lot of issues that I feel like I SHOULD be able to just get over by myself..I'm sure this stuff happens to a lot of people, and a lot of people don't have PTSD. Why me?? :(

G,day Spokane there is an old saying he who hesitates is lost.Please go to your first meeting even if someone takes you to the door you have to break the ice.I have been to heaps of appointments and still get to the door and turn around and go home sometimes but I believe the first one is the most important.Go forward not back.Porky Rees.

Yikes..what a scary thing this PTSD is. I am so pissed off that I have to be dealing with this..makes me wanna go kill my ex. I think the hardest thing is that I have always been SO tough and I could handle anything..and now I can't handle this. Very scary, and really embarassing.

give it time

:biggrin: Spokane,
Welcome to PTSD:doh: it sucks, I know that the very thought that you are losing control sucks and is hard to get it through your head, or it was for me The second hardest thing was asking people for help because we cant do it all and the third thing that you need to learn is that you have to accept the help that people want to give you otherwise it is a very , very difficult battle worse than what you know now. PM me any time if you want:kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back