• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Needing Spousal Support - Wife Has PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicalily

New Here
Hi, i don't have PTSD but my spouse does...she has been struggling for 3 years now, we have a little boy together. Today i asked her to leave...i just can't do it anymore...the rage, the insults and abuse...i intellectually understand what's happening to her but emotionally it hurts so much...i feel like i have to take care of myself (for once) but i feel like i'm letting her down...i don't know how to recover...i don't want our son seeing it...i'm just stuggling to keep my head above water...

Greetings and welcome chicalily. Am a carer myself - my brother, son and niece have all suffered from this illness. Rage, insults and abuse? Oh yes. Understand that only too well. Do please check out the Carer and Information sections, they're good for a start.

Jim.

Welcome chicalily

I'm a spouse too. My hubby has had it & we also have a little boy. It's not an easy ride at times but coming here & talking to others that "get it" is a great start.

Welcome to the forum chicalily, I am Jim's wife and also a carer, primarily to my niece. Though he doesn't have PTSD, Jim was an active alcoholic at one point so I do very much understand problems of abuse in a relationship. Looking forward to chatting with you more if you fancy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back