• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Neighbors Driving Me Crazy - Long Sry

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaLost

Confident
I've posted before on this. Tonight, after a week of non-stop metal grinding, sanding and pounding - I lost my sh&t. I did not handle it well.

I left the house, for about an hour on errands. I'd been listening to metal grinding all day and thought maybe a break would calm me down. I came home, and no, he was revving a motorcycle at 7:30. I yelled. I slammed my front door. I was not...cool. I even screamed out that he should start his chain saw, or maybe blast his favorite music, he wasn't really doing it right. Just a motorcycle? Pshaw, that's chicken stuff.

He revved louder.

I know. I know. I should not have incited further aggression. But I lost my cool, in a major way. His response?

My daughter found me on the floor of my kitchen an hour later. I was struggling to breathe. I was such a failure. I couldn't handle it and I was...gone.

She decided to go talk to neighbor. It did not go well. Apparently we should all be OK with what he does cause he's a "three time war vet" and I'm not neighborly and we've had incidents, you know, a few times over the last two years that have made us "not likable" in the neighborhood. My daughter said something like, "are you f**cking kidding me? and was told not to pollute the neighbors air. My daughter, god love her, said "What? with words like f88k, sh&t, c#&tm and pi$$?" and came home.

I took ativan. I'm that wound up. I'm shaking, tired and sick of someone using his vet status as a justification for being a jerk . His girlfriend too. What can I do, within the limits of the law, that will impress on them that their actions are making us suffer??

I can relate my neighbours are going tits right now it's 3.50am here. Just the f*cking usual. They are totally wasted it would be pointless and stupid for me to go talk to them

The police don't care (this is not a nice area) my local authority and noise care team don't care. I have no advice for you I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I hate it. It's scary and they have been abusive towards me and threatening in the past. Now I just leave them to it.

All this just to say yeah I know and it sucks balls.:hug:

What can I do, within the limits of the law, that will impress on them that their actions are making us suffer??

Likely, nothing. Or, to be more precise, he has to care that it makes you suffer, if making him know it is to have any kind of effect.

On the upside, maybe he likes sassy women, and instead of a screwup gettin chewed out by both you & your daughter upped your rep.

In the meantime... Surefire Decibel reducing earplugs. They cut out all the upper and lower register (scrreeeech & growling boom!), but leave mid-range sounds (like human conversation, footsteps, etc.) crystal clear. Even better than dummer's earplugs, IMO.

Link Removed

Last edited:
God - I was really messed up last night. Disassociated so badly I don't even remember writing this post. Ugh. I hate that. I'm a little calmer today, though the ativan probably has a lot to do with it.

Thanks for letting me vent ya'll. I know there's really very little I can do. I can't believe I snapped so badly last night, after holding myself together for so long.

Thanks for the link @FridayJones I'll definitely look into them. Anything to get some peace and quiet!

Quote ........"The police don't care (this is not a nice area) my local authority and noise care team don't care"

Yea! with you in that one, my neighbour was paying the local junkies £20 a time, to put a brick through our windows!

We got hit seven times, in fact we couldn't get home insurance for five years!

It all came to an end, when I went to his house, grabbed him by the throat, and threatened to kill him!

Of course he called the police, but when I showed them all the receipts for new windows to be fitted, and copies of police reports, who came after we had called them, to get a crime number for our insurance claim. going back over four years,............. they took no further action,

But at least, he stopped his dog from barking 24/7 and we got to sleep at last!

@AnnaLost don't beat yourself up about it, it happens. Dealing with shitty neighbours is stressful. Your home is supposed to be your sanctuary away from the stress of the big bad world.

When you have to deal with shit like this, it becomes so hard to get rid of the stress you pick up through the rest of the day. It just starts piling up.

The fact that there almost nothing one can really do, just makes it pile up faster. Be kind to yourself.

Oh, and if wanting peace and quiet equates to a "bad incident, that makes you a unlikeable as a neighbour.:rolleyes:" Feel free to move in next door to me anytime.

@Gadgie Chavs are one of the things I don't miss about the UK. Lol.

@Neverthesame hahah thank you! It's been raining today, so the jerk hasn't been able to do anything outside. As the day has gone on without incident, I've relaxed more and more. Even managed to get some work done.

My dog has been on serious high alert all day tho. She sat in front of me, facing the door and growling when my daughter was outside last night. She has been hanging out next to me all day today too. Makes me feel a little better, if jerk tries to come over here. :whistling:;)

Quote.........."New@Neverthesame they're ''neds'' in Scotland not Chavs there's a piece of useless information for you. LOL."

What ever we call them, they never got charged with anything, in fact even though we got them on camera with our CCTV they never even go questioned?

The police said the footage didn't identify them enough?

It was f*****g obvious who it was! they were just not interested! they just gave us crime numbers! and left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back