• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Neighbour has set up a camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your landlord may actually have significant say over this as the property owner. I don't think casually asking them about it is bothersome enough to be labeled a problem tenant. I mean... they are renting to pedophiles... it's not like they have a super high bar as to who they will and will not rent to... right? Then again, landlords that rent to pedophiles may actually be pretty terrible to deal with.

Wish I had a better suggestion. This would totally creep me out!

Are there any kids in your building?
Not officially. There's a guy over the other side who has a toddler that visits with his ex, but they seem to pretty much keep to themselves. The apartments are all studios, so it's not really suited to people with kids. If it was the kind of place where people had kids here regularly I'd have a much different attitude to the situation I think.

@Justmehere - it's community housing, so there's been a lot of dodgy tenants go through, and the landlord doesn't get involved basically unless there's a police issue. The guy that used to be above my unit had his place raided for drug supplying 3 times before they finally got rid of him.

I suspect the landlord is aware of his criminal hsitory, but unless he basically starts breaking the law they're unlikely to get involved.

Um...what?!?
Yeah, I know. You have to threaten to stab someone 3 times? Wtf!?

Unfortunately they don't count all complaints, otherwise it would be easy. The only way to be sure your complaint will count is to call the cops and get a report number issued, which basically means that if the cops don't think it's serious, the landlord doesn't care.

If I could afford something better than community housing I'd be long gone!

I recently discovered a former convicted pedophile was employed as a food delivery driver. It bothers me big time knowing he's continually entering endless numbers of homes with children and could easily scope out the scenes to return later. I spoke directly with a police officer, and while she shared my concerns, she said there was nothing they could do unless he actually re-offended. He served his time, registered on the sex offender list, and found employment, which is all they really require of them. Grrrrr...

I recently discovered a former convicted pedophile was employed as a food delivery driver. I...

Does the employer know?

Most employers wouldn't want to tarnish their name by hiring pedophiles to deliver food. A simple anonymous letter to the employer could fix that problem, letting them know how much business they'd lose if customers found out.

No matter who he's actually filming, it might attract the attention of the powers that be if someone mentioned he might be filming kids.

That was my first thought Scout, because I thought what is he is looking for kids to harm. I think calling the police and asking them if this right or not would be a good first step. This guy sounds so creepy and even dangerous around kids. He could be preying on available kids that are vulnerable and on their own too. I am so glad you put up the privacy screen for yourself. Follow your gut instincts they are telling you the truth, people need to know about this guy or he is just an accident waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back