1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nerd, Geek or Dork?

Discussion in 'Social' started by batgirl, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

This is silly but I took this online test that tells you if you are a nerd, geek, dork, all 3 or none. I did it because my cousins told me I was a geek and I didn't believe them. OMG I guess they were right. I'm not only a geek but I'm nerd and a dork too. Please take the test and tell me if you're a nerd, geek or dork so I don't feel so lonely. :( Just kidding haha. But I'm curious, if anyone else feels like taking it.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=9935030990046738815

(you don't have to join the site to take the test)

Here was my result:

87% Nerd, 91% Geek, 69% Dork

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

this is hilarious....73 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 65% Dork
    For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
    A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
    You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Congratulations!

LOL

4. Jet

Jet Well-Known Member

73% Nerd, 43% Geek and 69% Dork

No big surprises there.

Jet

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Me...

Pure Nerd
    56 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 39% Dork
    For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
    You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendencies associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Didn't want to take this test particularly. However. Evie insisted and I have trouble refusing her. ;-) Not surprised with the results. Already thought I was pretty "normal". Was a fairly interesting test overall.

Jim.

30 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 13% Dork

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

7. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:kickass: 73% Nerd
    21% Geek
    43% Dork

Scored better than half in nerd = PURE NERD:thumbs-up

8. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

91 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 52% Dork For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Pure Nerd
    86 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 30% Dork

LMAO!!! I knew that was coming. I never thought of myself as a nerd until my husband saw my school transcript record and the first words out of his mouth 'OMG...I married a nerd!'

I truly laughed out loud when I read the question about 'Do you carry a book in case of down time?' Doesn't everyone?????

Nerd Power!!!!

10. mac

mac Active Member

Pure Dork here

4% Nerd, 4% Geek, 52% Dork

I'm not surprised

11. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Wow I didn't think so many people were going to respond. Thanks so much, it's fun reading everyone's answers. We seem to have a lot of nerds on the forum. Maybe nerds really do rule the world lol. RD and Portabella I'm envious of you guys getting the "Tri-Lamb Material" rank, I would love to have that as I love those old Revenge of the Nerds movies.

12. kers

kers I'm a VIP

I'm a Tri-Lamb: 91 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 82% Dork

That fits! I'm a Shakespeare-loving, class-taking, TV-freaky nerd of the first degree. I'm reading a history of philosophy for the fun of it and loving it! I wish I could find someone else (real time) as nerdy.

13. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Batgirl, you have potential.....when you get to my old age you too may get to be a full fledged Nerd. LOL.........I am so boring, I really am. It is pathetic. I was once young and quite the little rebel, but....those days are gone. I guess what I am trying to say is enjoy your youth, Nerds are lonely people.