• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nerd, Geek or Dork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I can't say I'm surprised:

Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 30% Dork For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

hodge (aka Nerd)

Gotta join the fun. I have to have Hubs take this test...since I'm sure he's a nerd and geek! I scored as JOE NORMAL.

47 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 8% Dork

Thanks to the latest people who took the test. Wow Nam you're normal?? That's so cool. :) Yes please get your husband to take the test as so far there's been only ONE person who scored high as a geek... me! There's got to be another geek out there!! So the updated stats, for 19 people:

Nerd Only: 8
Nerd & Dork: 4
Normal: 4
Dork Only: 2
Nerd, Geek & Dork: 1

Hmm ... i consider this positive:

Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 34% Dork For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Thanks moki and Burn, another nerd and another normal! Are there really no geeks out there? Oh, well. :)

Guess I'm a big nurd! lol!

:biggrin: :rofl: Well, I was: 91% Nurd
39% Geek
34% Dork

That was real fun Evie. Thanks for sharing it!

No surprise to me!!! (insert evil Scientist laugh)

100% Nerd, 65% Geek, and 65% Dork...I'm an Outcast Genius!!!

I think I'll put that on my MySpace. Thanks for the cool test Evie!

I scored:

higher than 99% on nerdiness
higher than 99% on geekosity
higher than 99% on dork points

"You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't-->
Congratulations!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back