• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Never been really able to cry - self injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihateme

New Here
i have never really been able to cry. i feel like there is a pain deep inside me from early childhood but i cannot release it. self harm is a release sometimes. why am i not able to cry but i can feel rage, frustration and disappointment easily...sadness i find tooo overwhelminG and difficult to cope with. is anypne else like me?

I am like this too. I haven't been able to cry in years. Last time I was able to cry was when my dad passed away 8 years ago. It's as if no pain was ever as bad as the pain I experienced as such a young boy. I think the only other thing that would make me cry now is if another member of my close family died.

I feel rage too, a lot of the time. I was molested at a young age and I can feel anger and frustration over it more than I want. But to you I'd say to seek help you need when you're ready. Self harm is dangerous I'm sure there's people that will cry if anything happened to you.

Peace

I can't cry either .. it sucks! It's something i want to talk to my T about and see what holds me back. I have belt with a lot of trama in my life and i never cried .. I would shed a tear but quickly stop myself and suck it up. The only thing that gets me chocked up is the thought of something happening to my kids.
I think what @Rez54 said makes sense .. There is no pain worse then what i have already delt with except something happening to my kids.
Talk to your T about it, I read on someone else's post that their T was able to get them to "feel" again.
Good luck!!

I can't cry. But through therapy and meds I now experience good emotions. So, some day maybe I'll let my guard down and cry. But self-harm, I was into it. Made me feel worse afterwards. Therapy is necessary.

I don't cry, as a rule.

Until a couple years ago I'd cried a grand total of I think 7 times in my adult life. Meaning, at one point I could tick them off on my fingers, and I think I recall that was the number of them I have them written down somewhere.

Now, I have no idea how many times I've cried, and I still don't cry as a rule. Why? Because I HATE it. Some people seems to enjoy crying. Or find a release in crying. I don't. It makes everything about a million times worse. And I really do mean everything. My emotions are ravaged, I'm suicidal as f*ck, I can't think, my face swells up, my eyes swell shut, my contacts shred from the salt, my throat gets too raw to talk/swallow, my ribs get all swollen (similar to pleurisy), and the motherf*cking thing lasts for hours to days. Meant literally. If I'm crying for days? What I mean is that I'm crying for days. Not off and on. Falling asleep crying, & waking up to a soaked pillow, and still crying non-stop until the whole thing repeats. So we've got mental sucks, emotional sucks, physical sucks, and my life grinds to a halt / I can't do anything. No. Just no. I really, really, REALLY hate crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back