• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Also To PTSD And Delayed Onset(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dona22

New Here
I am pleased to have found this forum. I have just this week been diagnosed with delayed PTSD. I have been misdiagnosed for years, but thankfully the problem is now discovered and my treatment can begin. I've had a life that has been in shambles, but am looking forward to turning that around in my last years of life for I am 60 years old. I am now going to read as much as I can from all your experiences and gain hope.

My therapist told me that new and amazing research is being done and significant help is around the corner. Peace to us all!

:clap:I'm glad that you now have a correct diagnosis....It won't be easy to learn and apply coping skills.....but you can learn a lot in the info section and here we have a lot of support!! I'm glad that you now can work on your recovery!!! Remember.....just do baby steps.....PEACE FOR THE PLANET

Welcome to the forum. I too was misdiagnosed for years but due to my unwillingness to provide details and tried to find fixes for my most pressing symptom at the time. Never too late to get better!

Hi Dona,

Welcome. I am fify five and was diagnosed almost two years ago. It is never too late for new beginnings. Hugs, vst

dona22

Hello,
I am 55 years old and have had P.T.S.D all my life just diagnosed about 10 years ago i think. I always wondered why I seemed to daydream my life away now I know. I have had a hard time studying and remembering things and thought I was getting dumb. Recently, I found out it is aprt of PTSD. What a relief to know why. I can accept myself more now that I know. We have wasted so many years, I pray we all conquer this demon inside ourselves. Just have to remember it wasn't our fault!
sunnydaze

The way I see it, is we are a puzzle and the trauma blew our peices all over the place, they are somewhere, we just have to find them. This site is very very helpful in that you know for sure and for certain, you are not the only one who suffered.
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back