1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Also To PTSD And Delayed Onset(s)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dona22, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dona22

Dona22 New Member

I am pleased to have found this forum. I have just this week been diagnosed with delayed PTSD. I have been misdiagnosed for years, but thankfully the problem is now discovered and my treatment can begin. I've had a life that has been in shambles, but am looking forward to turning that around in my last years of life for I am 60 years old. I am now going to read as much as I can from all your experiences and gain hope.

My therapist told me that new and amazing research is being done and significant help is around the corner. Peace to us all!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Dona.

bec

4. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:clap:I'm glad that you now have a correct diagnosis....It won't be easy to learn and apply coping skills.....but you can learn a lot in the info section and here we have a lot of support!! I'm glad that you now can work on your recovery!!! Remember.....just do baby steps.....PEACE FOR THE PLANET

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. I too was misdiagnosed for years but due to my unwillingness to provide details and tried to find fixes for my most pressing symptom at the time. Never too late to get better!

6. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

:hello:Welcome to the forum Dona

7. Palakika

Palakika New Member

Hi Donna, welcome to the forum. I was also misdiagnosed for many years.

8. vst

vst Active Member

Hi Dona,

Welcome. I am fify five and was diagnosed almost two years ago. It is never too late for new beginnings. Hugs, vst

9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Donna22,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of us around here with delayed onset of PTSD.

Lisa

10. sunnydaze

sunnydaze Well-Known Member

dona22

Hello,
    I am 55 years old and have had P.T.S.D all my life just diagnosed about 10 years ago i think. I always wondered why I seemed to daydream my life away now I know. I have had a hard time studying and remembering things and thought I was getting dumb. Recently, I found out it is aprt of PTSD. What a relief to know why. I can accept myself more now that I know. We have wasted so many years, I pray we all conquer this demon inside ourselves. Just have to remember it wasn't our fault!
    sunnydaze

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum Dona...

12. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

:hello:Hi Dona, I'm glad you found the forum too. Welcome!

Hope

13. dljwhitewolf

dljwhitewolf Active Member

The way I see it, is we are a puzzle and the trauma blew our peices all over the place, they are somewhere, we just have to find them. This site is very very helpful in that you know for sure and for certain, you are not the only one who suffered.
    Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar