• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New And Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

streisand14

New Here
Hi, so I'm new to everything. I'm new to PTSD (recently diagnosed), I'm new to online support of any kind and I'm going through a lot of new changes in my life.
I recently got out of a 2 year abusive relationship and I'm still not the best at talking about it-even when I need to. I've lost most of my support system and I'm trying to go back to school and work to put myself through college. Honestly, things have been gradually getting extremely overwhelming. Lately, I've been feeling particularly alone and I'm not quite sure how to explain it to the people I have left in my life. I don't want this to consume my life but I also know that I can't keep pretending that I'm okay and that everything's under control.
I guess I just want to know that there are other people who have dealt with this successfully. I feel like I'm still in the early stages of coping and sorting things out and that is incredibly frustrating. Here goes nothing!

Hi streisand14,

Welcome to this forums. Take your time to get known to this place.

You are recently diagnosed, so I would like to ask and know are you seeking therapist or psychiatrist? Sorry to hear you lost support system and struggling with your studies. If you have questions to ask, please don't hesitate to ask them by placing a thread here on this forums.

Yes, there is so much information here and you can seek answers and learn more. Never worry, you have arrived at right place.

I wish you best luck in your healing journey. :)

@streisand14 Welcome to the forum!

Take your time and read the various threads and posts that pertain to some of the difficulties that you are experiencing. Many members here have realized substantial gains in the management of this disorder and life does get much better with treatment. I hope you find the information here helpful.

Hello @streisand14 . I've been here just a few weeks myself and have been overwhelmed by the insight, compassion and encouragement of our fellow members. There is no shame or judgement here. Sounds like you are making many positive strides towards healing and moving forward in a very positive way. Wish you the best and so glad you are here. :tup:

Same here, total newbie! Welcome n such. Sorry to hear, abuse sucks. To the original poster (op) reading what you wrote brought something up that I was hearing not to long ago. Funny, when I hear others troubles I almost always have the same story if ya know what I mean vern. Anyhow, back on track. What I heard was, trauma, pain, etc, can be associated with growth. Doesn't seem like it, but things want to bury us. With the right perspective we could consider it being planted instead! Opportunity for new support system :) opportunity to heal and take care of your self. opportunity to not put up with bs!!! Weathering the storm sucks. It does for everyone. Did you know that when palm trees get hard weather they get stronger? Their roots grow back stronger! Catch my drift :) Your not alone. None of you are!!! Me either for that matter! Hope you have a good day!

Welcome to the forum. I don't think you'll hear "PTSD is all gone" type posts. It's rarely gone. Mine hid in the background for about seven years. That's a pretty good stretch of good times. Having stressors overwhelm you will aggravate the PTSD symptoms. It's like throwing gasoline on a fire. I commend you for working and going to school. It's hard to do that. It's especially hard when PTSD rears it's ugly face. I'm glad you are in counseling. If it feels like it's not a good fit, get another. Don't feel like you have to keep the same one.

The loneliness is hard to conquer. Just trying to make friends can be exhausting. Sometimes, though, it helps to help another person and that's a great way to make friends. Until you gather your support group around you, you will be the comfort, the encourager, and the shoulder to cry on. We can also help. :) Hop into chat, almost always someone is in it.

You are brave. You escaped an abusive relationship. You were able to see it and get away. Now you are picking up the pieces: going to school, in counseling, and working. All good things. You are doing well in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back