• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New and Scared - Newly Diagnosed and Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade

Confident
Hello,my name for now will be Jade. I live in Vermont ,USA. I am 34 years old and feel as if i'm 100. Really not sure what I am doing here yet but maybe in time I can figure it out. Was recently diagnosed with PTSD and am trying to figure out what to do. I feel as if I am alone in this as my husband feels that I am just lazy.My answer to him is I am not lazy just tormented.

As scared as you are, you took a brave step in not only coming here but posting. Proud of you, girl! I understand the whole feeling like a hundred.... I am glad you responded to your husband. It's so hard when the people close to you don't get where you're coming from and how much you want to get the F**k out of "that place" (ie feeling tormented). Keep coming back. You are safe here.

welcome, jade. i let my husband believe that all my problems were depression and perimenopause for a long time, but i really needed his support. maybe you can get your husband to read some in the spouse's section of the forum, or at the very least to educate himself on ptsd (many online definitions, and etc.) this is a good place.
cathy

Welcome to the board jade. We get it is not laziness :) Hope to hear more about you.

Hi Jade, welcome aboard and glad you decided to say hi. I know exactly what your saying, and it took some time for my wife to actually come around in this instance also. Basically, the only way for a partner to truly come around is to have them learn with you. They must know what you know about PTSD, and they must understand that this is not something that is just out there, or in our minds, because its real, and its a killer.

Once spouses often know the true issues surrounding PTSD, why our brains have chemically imbalanced and so forth, they can then often support us in more substantially positive ways, than just negativity. It takes time, it truly does, and is certainly a two way street in regard to relationships. Both must learn and know their specific areas in order for a relationship with PTSD to work effectively with little extra relationship stress caused.

Hi Jade,

I'm pretty new to my diagnosis as well and still feeling my way around and trying to figure it out.

I agree with cookie and nov-this is a good and safe place.

Hi Jade, welcome. Hear ya about feeling like 100...I'm going grey! (i'm in my early 20's) Being tormented sucks but hopefully you can stick around. This is a good place to rant and rave if/when you need to. Glad you're here.

:hello: Jade. Glad to meet you. I like your name. I almost named my daughter that. My husband also gave me the "buck up" routine. It didn't help, that's for sure. He understands better now. I'm glad you're here. This is a great family here.

OMG, I too felt very old when I was in my early twenties. Felt like I was nearing 70. I do still sometimes feel older 10 to 15 yrs. older then my 39yrs., but there has been improvement over time. Hoping now that I've found this forum that I'll heal much and grow younger and younger. Welcome Jade and glad you here with us.

I know that ideally I should be able to look to my husband for the support that I need from him but his past has become my past and he has also been a big contributor to my current situation. I am not ready yet to tell my "story" . I'm not even sure at this point if my own mind will let me.I hopre that makes sense to some one. thank you for your welcomes and I say thank you.

beatle bailey

Hello Jade
welcome Hope you stick around till the healing can begin
Itmay be hard but it is well worth the effort
Beatle:clap:

Jade, there are no expectations from you in this regard. Your mind will let you know when to get things out, because they will be becoming too much for you to any longer cope. That is the point where you need to get things out before PTSD controls you totally to do irrational things. Read, read and read Jade, and things will come together for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back