• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New And Unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I just wanted to introduce myself as it was kindly suggested and I'm yet to have done. I'm a little apprehensive about all of this.

My diagnosis was quite recent and I'm still trying to actually process the fact that this is all real. I'm struggling as to what to say as I've only literally said what happened to my therapist - we have discussed no details. I was raped at age 12 and sexually abused for the majority of my life. There was also emotional and some physical abuse when I was a bit younger. I'm struggling quite a bit at the moment but I'm just trying to stay around.

Anyway, hello again. This is me, I guess.

Welcome ! Your post was awesome... because you were scared, and did it anyway.. That takes courage. We all are unsure when we first get here. But you will find this an amazing forum full of caring and support. Glad you are here !!!

Thank you for sharing. That must have been hard to do and you are very brave for doing so. It's hard when we are first diagnosed, so much information to look through and read, so we can get a grasp on what it is we are dealing with. There are so many posts and some great people here, I am sure you will find the help and knowledge you are looking for. Take Care x

Welcome, Enigmatic. I know exactly what you're talking about. It was horribly weird and unbelievable, to say the least, when I was diagnosed, even though I know I've been through a lot. But at least it did explain what I was experiencing. That gave me a beginning of a roadmap toward healing and I'm glad you're here. This is a good place for where you are right now.

Welcome to the forums :hug: I hope this spot helps you. It's extremely valuable as a result of the mass measure of individuals who feel comparative and understand eachother. There is a great deal of counsel and backing to be found here :) I trust this stunning group helps you as much as it helped me, reading all the similar stories, and taking in a lot of support along the way. Hugs in the event that you accept :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back