• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Body-mind Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

MyPTSD Pro
My T is concentrating on the concussions I've had. There have been six that are documented or happened when I was a young adult.

Yesterday we tackled the one that is documented but I couldn't remember until last week. It involved tumbling during PE in second grade. My teacher demanded I try a vault jump, without a spotter of course - it was the 70s, and my arm gave way, I tumbled to the cement floor and was knocked out. The school did not inform my parents and they didn't believe it was serious until I'd been throwing up for two days and complaining of headaches.

Anyway. In therapy we sat in the floor with pillows. It started out by leaning in the direction of the fall and tracking body sensations. I'm understanding why yoga has always been a challenge. The experience was interesting and I think successful. My muscles felt/feel like they've been through the fall again. More work to do but progress.

The body-mind trauma work never ceases to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back