• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News New Cops Told To Go Out And Cause Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to be understanding of police if you're white and middle class. But to them I'm just a spic nigger criminal who should be exterminated. Try it from that angle
I don't think that you'll feel so safe.

Ed, please read this sentence carefully from joeylittle. Her post is full of sympathy, understanding and support. She acknowledges internal war is never safe. I would suggest re-read her post.
It is very frightening to admit/acknowledge that there really is a war going on in our nation, and it's being fought between the police and the public.

I'm not going for 'understanding of police'. I'm going for 'understanding how all hell has broken loose'.
I don't. At all. That's the point. I don't know how vast swaths of americans can still be trying to hold onto this post WWII 'keepers of the peace' mentality, and I think we'd all get a lot farther in the dialogue a lot faster if we just acknowledged that it's wartime, here, too.

The article you posted is a perfect example of the deeper problem. The problem isn't, one guy was an asshole and his class went along. The problem is, there are people who still try and believe that it's peacetime here. So they say, 'oh, that was one guy, ex-military, shouldn't have happened' - you might as well say, 'oh, that little leak in the tunnel there? it's nothing' and then watch the whole thing collapse in a week. Bad analogy, but I think the idea is coming across.

That's all.

the vast majority of America's police force is ex-military
That in and off itself is a problem. The military are trained to be aggressive, police are trained to communicate first, aggression second. If they can talk a person down from killing, that should be the approach. For military, it is a simple matter of getting the person in their sights and squeezing the trigger. Vast difference between the two.

Saying that... it keeps coming back to guns. In a country riddled with them, police who get shot approaching cars when pulled over -- they obviously have to step-up their tactics and aggression as a result. This means the innocent get caught in a game where they want to communicate and express their rights, yet the police are more aggressive, towards a military level, where communication is not the first option / little tolerance is given to it.

Do police in Australia make mistakes? Absolutely. But they're nothing like American cops. The amount of shit an Australian cop will take is just mind blowing, when its just an angry persons words. If the person pulls a weapon of any kind, that changes things... but words are just words, and should not be responded with aggression. Follow their direction, sure, that's the law... but they should not penalize for words you state whilst following directions. They have no legal right to tell a person to stop talking, but they do have a legal right to tell you to stay in your car, at the back of your car, stand there, so forth.

It keeps coming back to the threat level... then mix it with racial bias, drugs, and there exists a potent cocktail awaiting to explode upon innocent civilians. To be honest, I have no idea how America will fix these issues without removing guns from everyone but farmers and law enforcement.

Funny-meme-Cop-pulled-me-over.jpg

And just to add, if I were to have been shot or slashed the cops wouldn't have done shit. NYC in the 80s and 90s was a warzone. I chose to stay at the library with medical textbooks since it was safe, especially through those times when I was homeless, twice actually, I didn't want to be killed. Why would I be killed when I clearly had no money? Gang initiation.

I really needed that gun!
Yet somehow I managed to get through college and fly airplanes. But the night I was attacked all they saw was a monkey to torture.

Also, even if they banned guns and repealed the second Amendment. Mexico will gladly step in, as they did with meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back