• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New flashbacks emerging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ina

I've been having the same set of flashbacks for about two years now and the other day, after two years, a new one emerged and it terrifies me more than any of the other ones I've had. What does this mean? Why did take long to emerge? Anyone else had this happen?

I've had something similar to this happen. For a long time my mind would go through the same memories and flashbacks. Then as I was processing stuff new ones would start coming up. I think, for me at least, it was my minds way of protecting me in some sense. Like I kept some things buried and hidden until I was strong enough to address them kind of.

That's happened to me quite often. Though mine would be closer together in time. If I processed enough of a specific flashback then new ones would emerge. Until I was ready for more info, my mind protected me from new memories.

My flashbacks and memories have come in specific patterns. So I got used to the unusual way in which they emerged. I know to expect certain things which new flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back