1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Found Freedom- Leaves Me Feeling Disquiet

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I've had this feeling of disquiet for the past two weeks. It's just a feeling that something is very different. Something I'm not used to and couldn't name until tonight.

I was driving home from spending time at Ryan's and it struck me. I'm free.

I'm free from abuse. I no longer have to answer for my every cent spent, for my every cent not earned, for my financial situation, for my disorder, for being single, for being different. I no longer have to fear walking down the street in case I get run over, grabbed and murdered. I no longer free my house getting broke into while I sleep, bath or am not home. I no longer have to fear the people and the environment around me.

I can now unplug my phones without worrying about the repercussions for not "being there" for someone else. I can stay home and cry without being tormented for feeling pain. I can have a bad day and allow myself to do nothing but attempt to make my way through that day. I do not have to guilt myself over the state of my house and simply keep it clean and uncluttered for my pleasure.

I have never experienced this before.

Yet this brings with it an immense amount of fear and doubt. I am suddenly faced with my own feelings. I am faced with my trauma.

I am faced with new challenges. I am trying to reconnect with the world. I am learning to trust again. To care, to even love others. I even enjoy the chaos of someone else's noisy home and consider them family in a way that makes me crave more than our quiet existence.

It's all very alien to me. It just brings on this sense of "oh my god" yet I'm filled with joy at the same moment.

I would wish this on every abused woman in the world.

bec

permban0077 likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Something kind of cool about it isn't there? You sound like a new fawn. Shaky and steadily trying to get up and it to feel so good and you so rightfully proud when you do. Then to realize wait, these legs are made for walking out into that big world too! I am so proud of you! Keep kicking ass.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Thanks V. I feel like a new fawn that's discovering there's more than my den!

bec

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

That's too cool, Bec. Congrats to you...you've worked your ass off to get to this point. You go,girl!

Lisa

6. lrs

lrs Well-Known Member

Hey good for you!!! I hope you enjoy every single moment.