1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Hearing - Advice For Criminal Injuries Compensation

Discussion in 'Social' started by pandora, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Well I am so glad i found this group at this time. I put a claim into criminal injuries (I was awarded a cash settlement approx 10 years ago) i was then diagnosed with PTSD and to get additional therapy i re-applied. They approved me for 30 more sessions and I then found out that i could try to get lost wages, additional pain and suffering as well as travel costs to my therapy. Anyway I am wondering if anyone has ever done this or if they know what I should expect. I am absolutely petrified and my anxiety is at an all time high today, they told me it should be in June and i am going to ask my therapist to go with me. I am just so damn scared and when people ask me about it i actually start to feel like i can't talk even with all the therapy that i have already had. i hope this part gets easier and i don't look like the freak that I feel like.

Anybody with some advice, i would love to hear from you.
    .I am hoping that having this group is going to allow me to get through this in one piece and i don't want to go "really down" again.
    In the past I aways kept my past confidential and didn't share much as I didn't have a lot of support and didn't want to bother people, maybe this will help to actually speak to people that understand.
    Take care everyone.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Miander

Miander Active Member

I've been there

pandora - I went through some trial hell as well, unfortunately PTSD is such a hard "disability" to prove in a court of law. I remember going to the whole process by myself, it was just me and my wonderful lawyer against a huge, powerful insurance law firm. I remember thinking the only way I could prove to those cynics what I was really going through would be to jump out the window. I guess this isn't really helpful, sorry. What I can say is that if you were like me, you're the only one who can take care of you, and if part of that is getting some financial help, then you do it and you do it knowing that you are doing what's best for you. Everyone will have an opinion but what really counts is having the strength to go through it for yourself, so good for you!

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Pandora is that the Victim Compensation Board?

Ugh, court anything is stressful. Hang in there!

bec

5. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

hi Becvan
    Yes, it is criminal injuries victims compensation board located in toronto.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, pandora. unfortunately, i can't advise you on this, but it sounds like you are "preparing" for it, hang in there. i will be praying that is goes well.