• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New Here. Cptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShodokanJenn

MyPTSD Pro
Hi. I am Jenn. I am a martial artist, a Christian, a teacher, a photographer, and I admin another forum. I also suffer with severe CPTSD. The abuse started at 3.5 when my mom dumped me off with her parents. It ended at 12, when I told a judge I wanted to live with just my dad. There was extreme ritualistic, physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. I never forgot or repressed it, but I did hide it. Symptoms started when I was 13. At 14, I moved into a therapeutic foster home. At 19, I dropped out of premed after two years, got a job and my own apartment. At 21, I got married to a wonderful man. At 26, the PTSD took over and very nearly cost me my life. I am 32 now and still trying to claw my way out of the hole. I have a wonderful husband. I am completely infertile, so no kids. My relationship with my dad is good. I have an amazing T who deals with all my crazy. I'm pretty reserved but this seems like a community of people I would like to know.

Hey, welcome. We have very similar backgrounds. I hope you find this site to be extremely helpful and supportive.

Welcome. And it is full of wonderful people sharing their own struggles, yet take time to help others.. Don't know where I would be right now if I did not have this place to come to.

Welcome to the forums!

Hoping this place helps you, and I'm glad you have a supporting environment to make it easier to work on trauma :)

Good luck and hugs :hug:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find this group of people as kind, helpful, and insightful as I have. :happy: I hope you too find the support beneficial on your road to recovery. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back