1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Here. Hope I'm Doing Introduction Right

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Smeagol, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smeagol

Smeagol New Member

Hi, a good and trusted friend advised me to try this site out. Not sure what all to post here yet and still not sure about revealing too much yet, but here goes.
    I'm a 34 year old male, currently dealing with issues that I had forgotten and have been coming back.... well flooding back. Alot of other things going on so trying to deal with all at once. I have 2 kids, 1 dog, 17 cats, 5 fish, an apple snail and 4 hermit crabs and live on an acreage. Kind of trapped out here alot which give me too much time to think. My friend tells me this site will help me with my problems and that I should start a diary on here. I trust her completely so giving it a try as I promised. Not much more to say right now but soon. Hello to everyone.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Welcome Smeagol and hope this forum helps you learn while feeling supported.
    Take your time and read and learn and when you feel comfortable enough to post or start a diary do such. There are many great people on here and I want to welcome you to the family. Big Hugs......
    Theresa aka Portabella aka Port

P.S. Thanks for keeping your promise hon:claps:

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Smeagol!

Welcome to the forum! Take your time getting comfortable with the forum and members, there is no rush!

Way to go for coming here!

bec

5. ryair

ryair Active Member

Welcome to our community!!!:hello:
    I look forward to getting to know you!!!:eek:ccasion:
    Ryair

6. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, Smeagol,

I really like that you have so many animals under your care. We just have three and feel overwhelmed with them sometimes!

Am I mistaken or is that Gollum's real name from The Lord of the Rings trilogy?

I hope you find productive and caring info and people here as I have.

7. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello: Welcome to our caring community!!! Take your time....no big rush....Learn at your own pace.....as for PTSD that's what we're here for...It's not all about misery either!!:wink: The support that I've found here and given here have helped me many a time as I struggle and as I learn....as I give back......Check out our joke section!!:crazy-eye I believe that your friends have given great advice....hopefully you can find healing here in one way or another.....again....Welcome:thumbs-up .......KEEPING THE PEACE

8. brainless_twit

brainless_twit New Member

Welcome, Smeagol. I'm new here as well, and while I haven't posted a lot yet, I've learned a ton just from reading. The members here have experienced so much and come so far, it really gives you hope that your own situation can improve. Best of luck in your own quest for healing!

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Smeagol, welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar