• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Here. I Feel Tiny Bugs Crawling On Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalys

New Here
Hi, I made it here by chance. For about 2 weeks now, I have been feeling bugs crawling on me. They feel like tiny, almost invisible bugs. It wakes me up at night, and I feel it throughout the day. I've googled info on it and that is how I got here.

Does anyone know what this is. I am going crazy with this. I am a very clean person, I've read that it could be caused by anxiety, which I do have. I have 2 teenagers, and one is giving me alot to stress about.

I feel this bugs, or what ever it is, on my skin, all over my body, not at the same time. for example, right now as I write, I feel it on my scalp, a moment ago, on my leg and arms. I am now sitting with a flashlight on hand waiting for the next feeling so I can shine the light and see what I see because I only "feel" bugs, when I look, there is nothing there at plain sight. So I am thinking that with the flashlight I might see something..or not. I appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

It is funny. I am paranoid a bit too. My kids had lice and I got reinfected 3 times already. And then today I was at a picnic with friends and there were these little green bugs that were jumping around on our picnic blankets. And one of the friends said it might be fleas... But fleas are blac arent they? Well, I just couldn't remain sitting either way...

It might be the anxiety and it might not. Have you ever had scabies? My daughter also once had gotten scabies from her playgroup. Oh those are the worst. And I was pregnant and couldnt take the medicine for it. We had so much fun getting rid of those! They burrow under the skin and make the hands itch really bad. On children there is a slight rash, but on adults, sometimes the rash does not show up.

Why not just ask to be checked by a GP?

Nadia, I don't have health insurance at the moment. I have never heard of scabies. I am going to google it right now. I know I am feeling it. It's not my imagination, but when I look, there is nothing there, unless they are so tiny the eye can't see. Is that how scabies are?

I also do not have any bites, or red marks. Just the crawling feeling. This is crazy...

You really need to go to a doctor and get this checked out. It could be anything. It would make me climb the walls. I have never heard of stress causing anything like this. You need treatment. Mabe you could call a doctors office and talk to a doctor over the phone. You have to get this taken care of. I am wishing you the best

Dalys, it is a doctor that can identify scabies as I do not believe they can be otherwise seen. And, there are other causes of invisible itches that can be either parasitic, or non-parasitic related.

You have a symptom that likely will need to be differentially diagnosed as there appears many causes:

• Peripheral Neuropathy – (Diabetic, resulting from chemotherapy, inherited and the result of additional neurological causation such as demylenation as in MS);

Peripheral Neuropathy – One of many nervous system disorders.
http://peripheralneuropathycenter.uchicago.edu/Center for Peripheral Neuropathy.pdf

Invisible Itches: Insect and Non-Insect Causes
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01510236?term=ptsd forum&rank=1

• Parasites: scabies, mites;

• Environmental irritants;

• Alcohol and/or amphetamine withdrawal, cocaine withdrawal or too great of use of such;

• Delusory:

Delusional Parasitosis and Morgellons Disease
http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/assets...ual/DelusionalParasitosisMorgellonsManual.pdf

And, though you do not have anything visible, I'm tossing this in here

Clothing Dermatitis and Clothing-Related Skin ConditionsDead Link Removed

My Best,
goingonhope

I appreciate the input. I will see what I can do about talking to a doctor this week. It's not constant, it does come and go, but when it comes, it's not something I can ignore, it's so annoying.

I did some reading, I don't believe it's scabies. No one else in my home, kids or husband have it and it's not a bad itchy feeling, it's a small bug/s crawling on my feeling.

Hi Dalys, You are very welcome on the forum, however, I'm not sure you are posting on the right forum.

You don't mention PTSD in your post. Do you have PTSD? Or support someone with PTSD? Since this forum is solely for sufferers and supporters of PTSD, you may not find the right sort of support here for your troubles.

I sincerely hope you find a solution.

I just returned home from a weekend with my youngest son, he is seven years old. We had a nice time but being with him, then saying goodbye and everything involved in "going back home" was very stressful. Now, as I sit in my office and try and get some work done, I'm feeling exactly what you describe, the invisible bugs all over my body.
I get this now and then. I always goes away once the stressors are subdued.
Hope this helps.

Hi, I made it here by chance. For about 2 weeks now, I have been feeling bugs crawling on me. They feel like tiny, almost invisible bugs. It wakes me up at night, and I feel it throughout the day. I've Googled info on it and that is how I got here.

Dear Dalys, I had the exact, same symptoms. I took pictures of everything, including poop and skin. What I found is unbelievable to Americans, but not in the UK.

I use an alkaline diet, take vitamins and stay away from sugar. I had worms, so I did a parasite cleanse. That helped, but I still felt crawling. With the pics, I found out I had been invaded by a cloth moth. Either the Webbing Cloth moth or the Casemaking Cloth Moth. They eat hair and love keratin, protein and vitamin B. That's what I had.

If you are still suffering, take pictures and enlarge them. Doctors don't know about this stuff and will call you delusional and wont help you anymore.

I use edible organic diatomacious earth fm internet on my skin and drink it with water (3T) every day. I use Calamine clear with Noxema or face cream on top. Take 1c salt and @ 1c vinegar baths to clean them out 2x or 3x a day. Vacuum EVERY day and throw away the bag so u don't get reinfested. Clean out all your clothes and closets. I hope this helps. Gayle

I don't mean to freak you out here, but you DO have tiny bugs crawling on you...we all do. This world is over run by micro-organisms and tiny creatures, who eat our skin cells. We can't see them for the most part, but we can occasionally feel them.

It's best not to think about it too much, or distract yourself as much as you can from it. We can only do so much to stay clean, without being OCD about it.

You cannot stop them or get rid of them, as they are everywhere...the best thing to do is just accept that you are a giant hamburger to tiny little bugs who like to eat skin cells...and get on with things. Tuning in too much to them will just drive you crazy.

It is also possible that you are having delusions about bugs crawling on your skin. I've had those too...like in bed at night, when I'm sure I felt something crawl across me...but couldn't see anything when I checked? When that happened to me though, it felt like a bigger bug than just tiny little ones...like a cockroach or something.

If it is really severe it may be a parasite, or mites, like with bed bugs...but if it is not all the time and not severe, like making you itch constantly then it's probably not anything infested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back