1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Here - PTSD Affects My Work

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JulieH, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieH

JulieH New Member

Hello all! I am so gald to have found this forum. I have struggled with PTSD for many years and am just now coming to terms with having to accept it. I had another episode last night with extreme anxiety, panic, shakes, fear of going to sleep, and extreme guilt. I took my maintance meds. (clonapine and clonidine) to remove the symptoms and it worked, as usual.
    I only have a PTSD episode when I have a big stressor at work, if someone gets upset with me. My head automatically takes me to 'how are they going to retailiate?" or 'I am going to lose my license or get reported'. My head takes off even if I know that I have done nothing wrong. It is the reaction from the other people I am dealing with that sends my body into a reaction that starts the response. Do any of you experience PTSD in similar ways?

Thanks and I am so glad you are all here,
    JulieH

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, julie, welcome to the forum. i wish i could help you, but work seems to be the best place for me, usually.
    cathy

4. JulieH

JulieH New Member

Today

Thanks Cookie. I understand how work could be a great way to get out of my head and it does work for that sometimes. Most days at work are wonderful and I love what I do. I have been there for 14 years in the same office and have done some great work. It is that once in a while occurance that blows my body into a ptsd reaction that I hate. I guess if that is all I have to complain about I should consider myself lucky. When I do get triggered I have my medication and I only use it for an episode and then get off of it in a few days. I did get a gift this time and that is acceptance that I have this and the acceptance that this may not be the last episode. That was a big pill to swallow. I thought if I worked hard enough in counseling and on myself, it would not happen again. Well, my body says something else and I have to get okay with that. Thanks again for you reply and I hope you are having a great day.

Julie

5. Thornbird

Thornbird New Member

Hello and welcome. You have come to an excellent place.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar