• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New here... csa by brother & family friends. looking for similar experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermione

Confident
Hi I am new good to find a place with people with similar experiences i feel so alone all the time in my pain just introducing myself i don't want to share my full story yet as i am new but just the small facts that are painful and some new to admitting and recently came to new memories which is causing a lot of struggling...its just so much pain all the time. I was raped by my dads friend from ages 8-17 and also raped by my brother and his friend from ages 12-17 and well lots more to all of that...but i will just start there and see how i feel i suffer from PTSD nightmares and flashbacks every night and a million other things and also have depression, anxiety and anorexia all brought on by trauma. so i will maybe share more of my stories both are there own part of hell to be honest ...but anyway thanks for listening sorry if this is pointless both are long and complex stories and just so hard to even share and i don't think anyone would even understand my therapist is wonderful and really my whole treatment team but its a constant struggle.

Hermione, I am a new member as well and feel deeply for the pain you are experiencing and all you've been through. Please don't be sorry and no, this is not pointless. I think it takes immeasurable courage to reach out past our trusted therapist(s) and begin to connect with others who've had similar experiences. You are not alone. The support and understanding I've found here in my short time in forum-land has already shown me this and I'm rapidly learning. I thought I was alone regarding my freak-show childhood and subsequent life-experiences and it's been incredible to read the stories of others and (like you) only share bits of my own. Let's you and I be patient with ourselves and see what happens here...

Welcome... glad you are here... we share what we can, when we can.. sometimes it just helps to read others threads and diarys to understand nothing we say will be shocking or misunderstood... You are supported here... take your time... as @ShikibuZ shared, both of you be patient with yourself...some people have been here for years and havent shared... it's what's right for them...
Glad you found us... hope we see you around.

Hi @hermione, welcome to the site, you will certainly find a lot of help, support and understanding here. It has helped me enormously.

I can only really echo what the others have said, you are not alone. Also you can't do this wrong, you can use these pages however it suits for you, share what you want when you want, read and follow threads or start your own or both. You will find a wealth of knowledge and compassion.

I can relate to your feelings and am sorry your experiences brought you here. It took real bravery to introduce yourself and to get into therapy, much respect to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back