1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Job, New Challenges

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I have returned to work and I am in vigorous training, started this training this last Monday and will be in training for 3 to 5 more weeks. This is really hard, learning all NEW things. Just thought an update was called for, I do miss all of you and hope to get on more often in the future. I still Lurk quite a bit, just have been "going through" lately

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Port,

Remember to take care of YOU during this hectic time. A new job can be stressful for someone without PTSD, so the person with PTSD the stress can triple.

Be kind to yourself........Really kind... I wish you the best, and congrats on going back to work..... Great job!!!!!

4. thinkfirst

thinkfirst New Member

It's amazing how something that most do so naturally--work---is such a big issue for us. I just lost a really good job. I had been with this company for 4 months. They fired me because, I was "not catching on fast enough". So, of course I spend my days mostly wanting to sleep, rather than be awake and think!