1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New Person Trying To Help Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kkoehler, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkoehler

kkoehler New Member

I used to be able to help others. The last person I helped had PTSD and due to the trauma of helping him, I now have it. I am approaching my wits end and have always been the optimist until now. I am trying to hope joining you all here will help me in some way and at the same time because I am predisposed to helping others (part of my personality) I do so hope that I may be of help to others. I am skeptical about either being so aware of my current state and attitude which by the way sucks. I am the first to admit that my attitude is my responsibility and so in a way I am here for the sake of my attitude, even mental health and because things are connected, my physiological health. They are all taking a toll. My PSTD is holding me back in life and deteriorating my relationship. I have anger, depression, nightmares, slight paranoia, social insecurities and eating disorder tendancies. I shouldn't. I should be a productive, responsible young woman in her early thirties. I am finding the PTSD robbing me of my life. I want to get control over this. Sometimes I find myself thinking I'd rather die than continue to suffer with this. It has changed me in some ways and I miss my old capable self. Its heart breaking. I want to learn more about PTSD and how it impacts others and what can be done to resolve it. Is there a cure? How does a person get past the past and move on with life because like many others with PTSD, I know its very much wanted. I could say so much with this introduction but it would be very long. Perhaps I will start a journal here explaining my story. That would be more polite and coincide with the rules. I want to first start with telling you all thank you for being here despite it being for less than desired reasons. I have more or less become a shut in at home and withdrawn from the world in general. There's a little faith left in me that somehow I can get past this. I hope I find others here who have healed as I am sure several people want to. They want to feel alive while breathing and their hearts beating. I know I will read about disassociation here which is also something else I'm experiencing as for the first time in my life I am alcoholic. I don't want to be and won't deny that I am. Thank you again.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Kkoehler, I relate to so much of what you say. Welcome. There's a lot of information here and many caring people.

4. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome K,

It's a long hard battle to win yourself back. But it can be done with a lot of hard work. Don't give up on yourself..

Wendy

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Koehler, welcome the forum.

6. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

Hi Kkoehler

Hold onto your faith :smile: and I hope you can find what you are looking for from here.

7. kkoehler

kkoehler New Member

Thank you everyone.

8. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:clap:Believe it or not....You are a survivor!!! I'm really glad:smile:that you found this site....I've been here a year and have learned a lot...Hope you find what you need:clap:...PEACE TO THE PLANET

9. skyward_falls

skyward_falls Member

I think its a great achievement to recognize what you are experiencing and being able to identify what it is. I don't know how long you've dealt with PTSD but I ran around "like a chicken with my head cut off" for a while before I had a name for what I was experiencing. You can only go up from here - even if it doesn't always seem like it.

I am new to the forum too, so I'll look forward to learning along with you. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar