• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract

MyPTSD Pro
For the first time ever I am finding I can sometimes talk a little about myself without finding I have serious thoughts of harming myself or suffering severe frightening backlash about "speaking". Of course discussing difficult things brings up difficult feelings and backlash of that type. But this trap I have been in that has isolated me for a lifetime seems to be shifting just a little. Its really strange. I can't quite believe it. I keep waiting for the sky to fall in but am trying to just "enjoy" it if that is the word. ;):D

Well thank you for sharing that with us! It sounds like you are doing really well and I am proud of you. I hope you continue to find the support that you want on this journey

Awesome! I’m happy for you! That is progress. Even if it feels like a small step, it is still a big deal. This means things are changing for the better IMO. I know that feeling of wondering when it will all go wrong, but that is just anxiety from being so used to things staying the same, being accustomed to things going wrong. I think this is the process of a behavioral thinking change, which is a move in the right direction toward healing. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back