1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New to Forum - Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aikaterine, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aikaterine

aikaterine New Member

Hello,

I'm new here. I just googled PTSD forums and found this one first. I'm new to my diagnosis and am searching for some online support. I have a therapist and go to group therapy - prior to my disclosure of abuse..... I wasn't sure how to put into words what was really going on in my head. So, I'm hoping this is a loving and caring place where people share their experience, strength and hope with each other for recovery from traumatic events.

Kate

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, Kate you certainly have found the right place, this is a very supportive community and welcome to it as it is yours now too as was pointed out to me my first day! We all get pretty close quickly as we expose so much of ourself here, things that we cannot tell pretty much any other we know. A group of kindred spirits if ya like...

Care to share what caused the PTSD?

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Kate, welcome aboard and glad you found us. Great to have you here, and jump in Kate, as it is your home as much as the rest of us here.

5. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Hi Kate, I've only been here a short time myself, and I've found it very supportive. Welcome, and I hope you get as much out of the site as I have.

6. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Hi Kate,

Nice to meet you:)

7. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hi Kate. :hello: This is the place to be. I've looked at other forums, and this one beats them all. There are truly people here that care, understand, and support each other. I hope to see you here often. It's very inspiring to watch someone get closer and closer each day to healing.

8. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey, kate. Welcome. i think you'll like it here.

9. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Hi Kate, welcome to the forum.

You'll quickly find this is a loving and caring place. Us PTSDers tend to not trust very easily; in fact, I have one or two people in my life who I consider a true friends of mine. They know all about me and I trust them. But there are SO many here I trust; I feel like I've found an entire group of best friends!

Stick around and join in when you feel like it. We're here for you...

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Kate,

I'm new to this forum and to my diagnosis as well. This is a safe place and somewhere where you don't have to work at explaining what's going on in your head...just about everyone here is farther down the same road we're all on and understand.

Welcome and hello.:smile:

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Hi

Waves then grins.

Online support R us.

Welcome.

12. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

So glad you found this site. You (all of you!) are welcome here!

13. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum Kate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar