• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New to Forum - Newly Diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikaterine

New Here
Hello,

I'm new here. I just googled PTSD forums and found this one first. I'm new to my diagnosis and am searching for some online support. I have a therapist and go to group therapy - prior to my disclosure of abuse..... I wasn't sure how to put into words what was really going on in my head. So, I'm hoping this is a loving and caring place where people share their experience, strength and hope with each other for recovery from traumatic events.

Kate

Well, Kate you certainly have found the right place, this is a very supportive community and welcome to it as it is yours now too as was pointed out to me my first day! We all get pretty close quickly as we expose so much of ourself here, things that we cannot tell pretty much any other we know. A group of kindred spirits if ya like...

Care to share what caused the PTSD?

Hi Kate, welcome aboard and glad you found us. Great to have you here, and jump in Kate, as it is your home as much as the rest of us here.

Hi Kate, I've only been here a short time myself, and I've found it very supportive. Welcome, and I hope you get as much out of the site as I have.

Hi Kate. :hello: This is the place to be. I've looked at other forums, and this one beats them all. There are truly people here that care, understand, and support each other. I hope to see you here often. It's very inspiring to watch someone get closer and closer each day to healing.

Hi Kate, welcome to the forum.

You'll quickly find this is a loving and caring place. Us PTSDers tend to not trust very easily; in fact, I have one or two people in my life who I consider a true friends of mine. They know all about me and I trust them. But there are SO many here I trust; I feel like I've found an entire group of best friends!

Stick around and join in when you feel like it. We're here for you...

Hi Kate,

I'm new to this forum and to my diagnosis as well. This is a safe place and somewhere where you don't have to work at explaining what's going on in your head...just about everyone here is farther down the same road we're all on and understand.

Welcome and hello.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back