1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New To Online Group

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by LilMick, Apr 23, 2017.

1. LilMick

LilMick New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm not exactly sure how this works. I decided to join, as most support groups near where I now live are far away or have been cancelled. The last two cities I was in had a lot more resources than this one.

I've been struggling these last few days, a lot better today but ended up in an ER with a panic attack and flashback yesterday. I was EMS for many years, and several medical emergencies of family and friends and a recent death of a colleague have set off everything again.

Just looking for some consistent support.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Simply Simon

Simply Simon Be Bold. Moderator Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Welcome to the forum. You might want to post an introduction here: Introductions

There are no resources in my area that I'm aware of. The forum has been an excellent source of support and community.

Deadman and ladee like this.
  4. ladee

ladee I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome @LilMick , glad you found us... there is always someone here as this is a world wide forum... many from EMS who will understand how you are feeling and what is going on in your mind... but we all pretty much relate on a 'feelings level' tho we may not have similar experiences...
    This is a very caring and supportive group of people who understand and listen.... hope to see you around..
    Sorry for all the reasons that brought you here, but am very glad you are here....!!!

LilMick and Deadman like this.
  5. leehalf

leehalf Well-Known Member

Hi there! My nephew is a police officer and my boyfriend is a veteran so I have a special place in my heart for our first responders.
    I hope today was a little bit better than yesterday was for you. Take care!

LilMick likes this.
  6. LilMick

LilMick New Member

Thanks for your kind responses :) Look forward to the community!

leehalf and ladee like this.