• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New To Ptsd, Need Help Understanding Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter800

New Here
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new on this forum and have been recently diagnosed with PTSD. It is hard to come to terms with since before my traumatic experience, I have seen myself as a "strong minded" person and I am used to helping others who are struggling, not needing the help myself. The physical symptoms are affecting my life across the board. I work with kids and find it extremely difficult to go to work and have been taking sick days more than I would like. My relationship is great, however my partner is burdened with helping me through my episodes. I am a runner and run 7-12 miles a day but it's difficult when you feel dizzy/confused the whole time.

The biggest question I have is do people have headaches they can't accurately describe the symptoms of? The best way I can describe it is "A Star Wars Battle in My Head" I used that one the other day. My brain has a burning sensation and pulses constantly when it is really bad. I have felt the physical symptoms non stop for a MONTH now. I received a CT Scan because at first I was convinced I had Brain Cancer or a terminal illness. My biggest thing right now is telling myself that the doctors are wrong and I am going to die. I even saw a cardiologist for a soreness in my chest that wasn't even over my heart.

This morning I had by far the worst sensations and feeling of death. I got through it. If I was dying, I wouldn't be able to get through it...right? I suppose I am just looking for some clarification that I am not going to die even though medical professionals have told me more than one I am a healthy individual. I wonder if there have been stories of people being diagnosed with PTSD and then it was discovered later on that it was a brain tumor. A million possibilities are going through my head of what it could be, other than PTSD and Anxiety attacks.

Any help or stories about similar brain symptoms and constant dizziness would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new on this forum and have been recently diagnosed with PTSD. It is hard t...
I have that too, used to have those brain symptoms all the time when first knowing that I had PTSD. It is a very tough stage to go through. I would describe it like having a bee hive in my head, it is amazing how disorienting it is and how much it can send me into a complete tailspin. Then I also experienced vertigo on top of it and could barely hold my balance yesterday. It is very disturbing and extremely frightening. I know what you are going through.

I think meditation helps, I always use u tube videos that encourage seratonin release mechanisms for different stages of my trauma recollections and experiences. Then there are days when my ears totally close up, at times there is only a low frequence humming for me to notice, other times shrill noises, often followed by horrific nightmares as was the case last night.

I know that one needs all of their strength to go through this mental condition. Hang in there, we all want to help each other.

Unfortunately if your trauma and effects are long lasting, that may be the new norm, hopefully not though. I have regular headaches, brain zaps, fogs, tension etc fairly regularly....I am 8? years in already, but everyone is likely different.

Anxiety often sharpens body awareness in the way you describe.

But actual life threatening issues are different, & very close death feels different, too. (Or, don't know about others, but I took it as a certainty coming, not the same fear, fear didn't matter the same, I just really, really didn't want to.)

You will go through alot of physical and emotional changes. Sometimes I even feel like my brain hurts. Go to your primary doctor if you feel like something is " not right", if it is nothing, it will put your mind at ease and you can move on. Welcome to the club:)

I have that too, used to have those brain symptoms all the time when first knowing that I had PT...
Thanks for sharing, right now I feel very frustrated when people tell me I'm "fine"...even doctors. I've been convinced I'm going to die at any second I'd say half of every day. I've had a CT scan done and I don't even believe the results and already want another one! I've discovered xanax helps my anxiety, but not my physical symptoms of brain zaps (I like the phrase of a bee hive in your brain) That sounds very much so what I'm going through. It's very frustrating since it's effecting my work and relationships. Anyhow, thank you for sharing it really helps knowing I won't die.

Thanks for sharing, right now I feel very frustrated when people tell me I'm "fine"...even doctors. I'...
I haven't figured that out yet ......but I'm working on it.

I've tried adjusting my meds back and forth, working on diet, exercise definitely helps me overall......fresh air for sure, like ride a horse or hike in the mountains or forest fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back