1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New to site... Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DesertDweller, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertDweller

DesertDweller Active Member

Hi every one..
    I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD. I have had the symptoms for some time now but was never really sure of what was going on with me. Things started getting worse and I felt it was time to seek some help.

I am an Iraqi war vet. I have been out of the service for a couple years now but still feel like I am living it. I do mortgage banking now, which is a high stress, high demand field and really is not helping me out. I hate going to work due how rough it is to get through every single day. I really feel that I have reached my breaking point and feel like I have no way out of my reutine, ultimately I feel stuck and can not think of anything that would remedy how I feel.

Well, that a little about me... I would hate to ramble.

-Desert Dweller

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

HI DD,

Welcome to the forum, and glad you said hello. Ramble away... that is what the board is for. Venting is great. Wow... mortage banking with PTSD... and interesting combination.

So at a guess DD, I would assume that your traumatic events within your operational service are now making themselves quite frequently known to yourself on a daily basis through memories and symptoms? If only the workaholism actually worked for us... that would be great, but unfortunately it doesn't, and I am sure that stress from your work is only adding fuel to the fire.

Really glad you joined us and said hello, and I really look forward to chatting with you more. That first post is the hardest... the unknown, but before you know it, you will feel like your at home here. Welcome aboard mate.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hello. Welcome to the board. :smile:

5. DesertDweller

DesertDweller Active Member

Thank you both for the welcome!

6. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Hi!!!!! Glad you found our caring community!!!! You are among FRIENDS!!!! I have PTSD from severe child abuse....have known vietnam vets....heard their stories....empathized....that was HELL!!!!!! Never should have happened!!! I can see how difficult it is for you to work in a high stress job!!! Stress just sets my symptoms of too!!!! I will chat later when I get home from hospital...Do not worry....at this place I'll be in GOOD hands!!!! Also feel free to ramble always....check out our PTSD joke thread!!! I strongly believe in laughter as THERAPY!!!! .....wildfirewildone...Keeping the PEACE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar