1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New To The Forum - Battling PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Etain, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etain

Etain New Member

Hi I'm new to this forum...I'm trying to find an online resource that might help me a little with information and also to find a supportive community that I can both ask help from and give help to.

Anyhow...I've had a "mild" form of PTSD for nearly 8 years now due to a sexual assault in the past. I didn't even realize until a year or two ago what was happening with me. I always seemed to have some sort of crisis going on and I attributed my heightened anxiety and other problems to that.

I'm trying to move on in my life and find healing, but I keep feeling like I'm taking two steps forward, but then one step back. At least I'm getting somewhere, but not as quickly I would like (and sometimes its more like 2 steps back lol).

My memory isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be, although it's slowly improving. I find I have a lot of difficulties concentrating and sometimes have problems with sleeping (again this has improved - I used to have nightly recurring nightmares). On occasion I have panic attacks, and I tend to feel generally "on edge". I get angry much more quickly than I used to, and can perceive a lot of things as "attacks" that are not meant to be so. There's a lot more, but I think that's enough for now about how it affects me.

I really want to get better, but I so often feel completely lost about how I can do this. I have received some counselling.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, Etain. I understand how you feel...I've been where you are pretty recently. This is a good place to learn to heal.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, etain.

5. Etain

Etain New Member

Hi Marlene and cookie - thanks for the welcome :). Marlene - I love the triskele avatar.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum.
    You found the right spot.

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Etain, welcome to the forum.

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Thanks. The symbol means a lot to me...I have it as a tattoo on my left shoulder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar