1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New to the Forum, Can't Sleep.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lovesthewind, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovesthewind

lovesthewind New Member

Hi. I'm awake all night again, though I'm so tired and wish I could fall asleep. The events leading to my complex ptsd also left me with disabling physical injuries that took me from a wonderful career to disability status. I fought against my therapist telling me I'd reached disability status for the longest time, and am probably often still in denial that I no longer have the capacity I once had.

I don't have any family left and have had to relocate often as the attacker, who is wealthy, has stalked me from state to state. So I live with the disabling injuries and ptsd, have lost my career and home as I could no longer work or afford my home, and live a very isolated life.

Because I have literally no support, and am beginning to accept I can't do this alone, I was grateful to find this forum. Thank you.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Wind! Welcome to the forum.

Well if you needed support to heal, you are definitely in the right place!

bec

4. lovesthewind

lovesthewind New Member

Thank you bec. I feel so alone dealing with this.

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Well think of it this way Wind, we have around 2000 members that have PTSD or are a carer of PTSD. That's 2000 more of support, understanding, friendship and the occasional kick in the ass than you had a week ago!

*grins*

bec

6. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

I just love Bec's sense of humor and goodness...... She's so right in every way....

Welcome to the board. You are NOT alone.

Wen

7. nobody

nobody Active Member

Feeling alone is the worst. You aren't alone... don't get lost inside of your head. :kiss:

btw i can never sleep either so you aren't alone there either lol

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi, welcome to the forum.

9. lovesthewind

lovesthewind New Member

Thank you, everybody :)

10. mortiis31

mortiis31 Active Member

He lovesthewind. Welcome to the forum. I, myself, am up in the middle of the ungodly hours of the morning once again!
    X

11. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi :hello:, LovestheWind, and Welcome.

As Bec has said, you've found support here among so many of us with PTSD. Great support, too !

One of the things I really like about the forum is that day or night, we can come to the forum.

It has been very comforting to me at night when there has been little to no hope of me sleeping. I hope it will comfort you too, and you will ask for and find the support you need.

Take Care LovestheWind, and Glad you found us !

.......btw, we get so much wind outside our house we've lost two grill covers and our other stuff just blows away for the neighbors to have. (lol) ,,, but honest I love wind too, just not so up on the strong winds. Anyhow (lol) and hope to see you around the forum.

Hope

12. vera

vera Active Member

i'm not as good at this as the people who posted before me, but welcome! hope you feel good here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar