• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New To The Site And Want To Introduce Myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

New Here
Hello..I am a survivor of domestic violence but since I became a survivor I am reminded of all the things that happen to me..Its like your free but your not free from the memories that can be haunting and keep you kinda stuck in life cause you or me anyway feel like I have to protect myself from others which made me more of a loner now and the dreams make me so tired,let alone feeling I am different then others.
I have no family cause of me making this choice to stop the abuse and that is when all this traumatized stuff happen..It started with me getting help to stop picking abusive men and I did great with that and I got professional help which I would date and then meet up with my therapist and she would guide me to see red flags etc but then there was my family..I knew all my life they were abusive but I think for me anyway when you don't get help and your so use to being abused it comes your normal and when I started to see I tried to talk to my family and they just kept being abusive so I had to walk away and since that I been suffering with night mares and remembrance of all the things of my past and where I live there is no support..I don't have any hate and I have total forgiveness..Also I do tell the dreams thank you for reminding me I am not there anymore that I am free but I am? Thank you for listening..

Welcome. Glad you decided to become a part of the community, and super glad you got away from those hurtful people and places. Unfortunately, the mind space is one we can't escape, only learn to better navigate. Sounds like you're doing well in that regard. May it all grow into more healthiness as you grow along. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

It was brave of you to get yourself to a safer place!
There is a lot of support and useful resources, here. I hope you find what you need.

Finding support is soooo important. Your feelings are real and need to be validated.

Congratulations on making the break. Cutting important ties is so hard but much healthier sometimes. Unfortunate but better.

You also seem able to identify a lot of the emotions you're experiencing as well as some of the actions that are your red flags. I'd say you're well on your way.

Hang in there. Keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back