1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New to This but I Need Help - In Collapsed Mine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sissycoalminer, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sissycoalminer

sissycoalminer New Member

This is all new to me, but I know I need help. I was in a mine collapse years ago and they told me I could have problems later. Today I kind of lost it, all I could think about were the miners in Utah and what I went through. The collapse I was in was 5.4 and we had to feel our way out. And becauce of all the child abuse I think everything just fell in today. I was suppose to go the work tonight, I work graveyards in a underground coal mine and have been a underground miner for 27 years but I just couldn't do it. My husband does not seem to understand. The collapse I was in just about caused our divorce. But because the good Lord we did not give up, but I don't know what happened today, plus I have a bad drinking problem. I know I need help and would be helpful to hear from other people that have PTSD to give me some help.
    Thanks,
    Pam

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Pam, welcome to the forum and feel free to jump in anywhere.

4. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Pam,

Welcome to the forum...

Sorry that your husband doesn't understand...Sometimes it's real hard for others to do that. They just think aw get over it and move on....Yup we try to do that too.

Again,

Welcome

5. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, Pam. I'm sorry about your situation. I've been really upset about all the mine collapses. You guys deserve a hell of a lot better than these conditions, which are pretty much unregulated these days. I'd get out of that job, too. It's not safe. Take care, dear, and keep yourself safe!

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Pam, welcome to the forum. I somehow doubt the mine collapse was the cause though, as you mentioned abuse in the same sentence. Maybe the collapse was the icing upon the trauma cake?

7. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Pam.

ditto' on what veiled said,..........jump in anywhere.

Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar