1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

New To This - Feel Emotionally Alone With PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by splost76, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splost76

splost76 Sleep Management Editor

Hi everyone,
    Well this is my first time to a site like this. I was diagnosed with ptsd several years ago. I guess mt reasoning for looking for a place like thus, is I feel alone. Some think its weird when I say I feel alone, I am married, so that in itself means I am not alone, but more emotionally alone and lost, and looking for ways to deal with this.
    SP

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Welcome SP! So glad that you are here. Don't worry about what others think about you feeling alone. Marriage isn't a cure-all for what we struggle with. In fact, I used to feel most alone around my husband... bc I cared about him so much but felt like such an alien/bizarre/out there. It was esp frustrating (and still is at times) when hubbie doesn't understand as he has PTSD, but really doesn't know anything about it.

Proud of you for seeking out help and support for yourself. You have found a wonderful place to heal.

Look forward to learning more about you!

4. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

Welcome splost 76,

I too, am a new member, my husband has ptsd. Some spouses are more understanding than others, some may not understand at all. Being a spouse of a ptsd person, I know it not an easy road for you or your spouse. Just hang tough, this is a great place to make contact with others for you and maybe can give some incite to both sides....

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi SP,

Welcome.

I felt alone in dealing with all of this until I found this site. And knowing I'm not alone was such a relief, it's indescribable.

This is a good, safe place to come and help yourself heal.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i guess most of us felt this way, sp, and do from time to time, just remember it is the ptsd that is causing those feelings. i am married, and my dh is very supportive, but i feel alone sometimes, too. mostly because i don't want him to worry, so i don't express a lot of things to him. read here some, you won't feel so alone anymore. this is a good, helpful site. it will be amazing to you how many things so different people have in common because of ptsd, and how some things that make you feel crazy or abnormal are actually "normal" for ptsd. hang in there, and welcome to the forum.
    cathy

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome SP, glad you found us and said hello. I look forward to chatting more with you.

8. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome, SP. I'm glad you've found us. This forum helps us not feel so alone. I felt relief at finding this site. I hope you do too.

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome SP, can't say much more than what's been said. We care, were here, don't be afraid here.

10. splost76

splost76 Sleep Management Editor

Thank you all for your kind thoughts it is mich appreciated at this time in my life. I hope I get the pleasure to get to know more of all of you.
    SP

11. wildcritter44

hi everyone hope you all are doing ok...today...
    wanna thank you Cookie for your warm welcome and kind words.. It is nice to know that I am not alone and going down for the 3rd time... or crazy.. which I sometimes do feel like I am losing touch with reality.

12. wildcritter44

I also want to say thank you to Anthony for sending me messages helping me through what I feel like is all new territory, and I guess somewhat unsure about what to say or not to say simply put I don't want to hurt or offend anyone in any way, shape or form... Again thank you Anthony and all others that offer any words of wisdom...