• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Newbie- Delayed Onset PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azhure

New Here
Hi Guys.
I am new to the forums, long time reader, just haven't signed up out of nervousness I guess. :D

Um, what to say...I have only recently been disgnosed with PTSD, about 6 months ago, finding the transition from being a normally strong person to a blubbering mess, a bit hard to deal with.

My PTSD is a result of a sexual assault that I repressed and has only just come to the surface now.

I am looking forward to getting to know you guys and swapping strategies on coping and having a laugh :)

Chat to you all soon

Mel

Hi Mel, and Glad you made the leap intro registering. Welcome Aboard!

If you like laughs and haven't seen the Brighten your PTSD Joke & Laugh sect. yet, it's in the Chat Gener. sect. All of us need this medicine (laughter), and so if you have any to share as well, please do.

Again, Welcome to the forum and jump right in where you feel comfortable.

Take Care,

Hope

Thanks for all the welcome messages guys :) and i think i will check out the jokes section :) definate medicine needed!!

Mel, Just wanted to welcome you as well to the forum, and hopefully we all will grow and learn things to help each other through our paths and journeys in here.
Shane

Welcome Mel,

This is a great place to be. I to have delayed onset PTSD. It's very hard to not beat yourself up for changes that are happening now because of something that happened long ago. It's especially difficult for others to understand why all of a sudden life is so hard for you.....but it does get better. It's hard work, but worth it. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back