1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

BPD Newbie here - ptsd with borderline personality disorder (bpd)

Discussion in 'Other Disorders' started by bluemumdaughterbpd, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluemumdaughterbpd

bluemumdaughterbpd New Member

Hello everyone,

My name might seem a little strange. I am from a forum called 'the nook' which is at www.bpdcentral.com this was started by the author of the book stop walking on egg shells. My name is the same at 'the nook'.

I am here because I am a diagnosed with ptsd. I have a daughter who is dbpd (diagnosed borderline personality disorder) an abusive 'X' who abused me and my 3 children.

Want go into details you can read my whole story on 'the nook' you don't have to register to read. I'm sure that you all would find 'the nook' very helpful too.

Why I am here.

I am looking for help for my now hubby, obviously because of my disorder it is hard. I don't know a great deal about it just me trying to cope. He wants to help me but I withdraw, have nightmares, blame, 'S' thoughts, just want to disappear.... and so on and so on.

I am have trouble finding how to read threads and stories here.... appreciate some help please......

I'll keep trying to work it out....

J.

JustBe likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Blue, and welcome.

I think you have gotten over the hardest part already, acceptance that you have something wrong. I am currently in my last week within Cohort 18, PTSD course, Townsville, and I must say, they have opened my eyes to deal with things a lot better. This is the exact reason I have created this site, to give something back to others, and hopefully help others the same as you and me.

Geez, having an abusive ex certainly wouldn't help. I know I didn't treat my first wife very well, and your on the other foot.

The threads and posts issue, all you have to do is click on each forum, then the threads appear, click on a thread for the posts to that particular thread. I have only just created this forum in the last couple of weeks, so the information is still building. I am going to post lots of great content that probably isn't posted elsewhere, that I have gotten out of the PTSD course itself.

4. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hi Blue,

I am Kerrie-Ann, Anthony's wife.........I definately know where your husband is coming from. Anthony has had PTSD since we met only we didn't know what it was or how to deal with it. In fact it is a miracle that Anthony and I are still together. As Anthony has mentioned we are currently completing the PTSD course run through the Mater Hospital here in Townsville and I have to say that it seems to have helped both of us so far.

How to help your husband, well the first step is of course admitting to yourself that something is not okay and I guess getting some help for yourself. For your husband, and harder for blokes as they don't have the same kind of networks as women do, I found a couple of things helps. First is to gain a greater understanding of PTSD and its symptoms (some of this information is already here and Anthony plans to keep the information coming), next is to find someone that he can talk to in confidence and I guess try and give you some space to heal. It is hard but I have found that giving Anthony some breathing space and arming myself with information has helped. If your husband is up to it he can always register here and chat to me, sometimes just knowing that you are not the only one helps a little.

Ice_Fire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar