1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sufferer Newbie Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jomosapien, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jomosapien

Jomosapien New Member

Hey gang, I'm new here, recently diagnosed, about five months ago.

I just found this site, and I love the welcoming atmosphere. For a while I knew something was wrong, but was unable to see a psychiatrist until I moved back to California.

I was born addicted to heroin and crack, middle child of 7, 5 of which also were born with similar addictions. As a child, little things like seeing the drugs in the bathroom (we lived with my grandmother, my mom just hung around when she wasn't locked up) were normal, I assumed that all the other children in kindergarten also had social workers, and was ashamed because this wasn't the case.

When I was seven, my siblings and I were placed in foster care for almost a year before moved out of state to live with family. After 7 years of physical and mental abuse with that family member, we were put back in foster care again for a few months before being adopted again. I remember being ashamed to tell the other kids because they already thought I was a freak, it seemed so important back then.

Anywhoo, that's a little about me, thanks for having me, I hope to make some friends here.
  2. Ayesha

Ayesha Beautiful Disaster Staff Member Premium Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
  3. timid_flower

timid_flower Active Member

Hi and welcome :)
  4. Pinkcake

Pinkcake New Member

Hi Jomosapien. Welcome to the forum. I'm heartbroken for your childhood and what you had to experience. I'm glad you are seeing someone to get guidance.
  5. Sailorgal

Sailorgal New Member

Welcome Jomosapien. Yes the warm environment will engulf you and you will be smothered in kindness and understanding. Beware.
  6. KP the nut

KP the nut Tigger is back Staff Member Premium Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.