• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault Newly Diagnosed After Two Assaults...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jMa

New Here
I work in juvenile corrections and was assaulted twice in a month's time. I've been in my job for 7 1/2 years and this is a first and second for me. I can't go into detail since there are charges pending against the perpetrators. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD due to the nature of the assaults. I also have physical injuries from the assault...a misaligned jaw, a "dimple" in my face (which wasn't there prior to the assault) and something wrong with my knee from hitting the floor. I haven't been at work since the assault, due to the physical injuries.

I'm new to feeling how I do nowadays. I used to be an outgoing person, kept myself busy and hardly ever stayed at home. Now I don't want to deal with people, do not do anything and sit at home. I'm also having issues dealing with Workers Compensation taking care of my physical injuries. It's frustrating me and making me feel very broken. I enjoyed many things, but don't do them anymore. One reason being there are things I cannot do because of the knee injury and the other being because I just don't feel like it. I am seeking therapy, but on my appointment days I always end up shutting myself in because it takes so much out of me. I am medicated to help me sleep, because without the meds, I wouldn't. I feel so lost and feel like no one understands me anymore. The only thing I do anymore is go to school to change careers. And my grades are suffering a bit. All my instructors have noticed a change in me and do show concern.

Are all these feelings "normal" given the circumstances?

Hi jMa. Welcome to the forum.

Doncha just hate it when something so abnormal can be called, "Normal?" Alas, yes, it is normal. Life willing, it does not have to be permanent. You are not likely to ever be the person you were again, but it is possible to grow into an emotionally richer and fuller version of yourself.

Healing happens. Hope it happens to you. Welcome to the forum.

Since you're in the US I suggest registering with disability services at your school as this affords you another level of support in your academic environment.

I'd say that your feelings and reactions are within the scope of PTSD. Welcome to the forum.

I work in juvenile corrections and was assaulted twice in a month's time. I've been in my job for 7 1/2 year...
Totally normal, because when you are assaulted everything changes. It really is a lesson then because we realize that not everyone out there wants you to be safe.

I myself have some similar experiences, people I work with, so called comrades, so called team members, so called managers, so called supervisors, all part of a huge cover up that benefits someone that is stalking me. These people attempt to hurt me physically every chance they get.

And in order to keep myself safe I can not go out much anymore. If I walk at night, I used to enjoy that, they will harass me on the street by threatening me with their vehicles, by threatening me with large canines that they would love to use as a weapon and then claim an unfortunate accident.

I love nature and many times when I try to go out and walk there is always one of those loosers out there. People are capable of anything and I figure it is easier to stay safe if I do not allow myself to be in a situation in which I could not summon help if it came to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back