• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nieccole's Intro - Recently Diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nie

MyPTSD Pro
Hi,

I'm nieccole from Illinois. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and came here hoping to find support, information, and others that understand. My PTSD is multi-faceted stemming from a singular traumatic event, and "extended exposure to extreme trauma." I also am dealing with depression, anxiety, and OCD stemming from the PTSD. I am 27 years old, married, female, and a middle school teacher. I am doing my best to try to work through things to become a healthier person.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
nieccole

Welcome to the forum. Everything you said you are looking for is right here in one nice package.

Hello :hello:, nieccole........IMHO, you've come to the right place for just what you're looking for support, info., understanding and more.

Welcome to the forum!

Hope

Reactions: nie
Welcome..............

I hope that you find what you need here. It's a wonderful place full of terrific people. It's filled with love, knowledge, help, and hope......

Wendy

A little more about me. I am currently seeing a psychologist twice a week and a psychiatrist once a month. I take Effexor in the mornings and Seroquel at night. I also have a prescription for Ambien and Xanax, but those are for only as needed. I have only taken the Ambien once, and the Xanax three times in the three weeks that I have had them. I have been drug, alcohol, and cigarette free for 8 years, 6 months, and 16 days. I have been in therapy now since March. It took me 7 months after I got the psychologist's name to get up the nerve to call him. Although it is really hard, I am glad that I made the call.

welcome Nieccole, you have found a great place for info and support, you have made a great first step asking and looking for help good luck

Hi Nieccole!

I am a teacher, too, though I teach elementary kids. Sometimes teaching really stresses me out--there can be too much stimulation!--but it's also the biggest thing getting me through each day. Welcome to the forum, it's a wonderful place to help us feel not alone.

hey, nieccole! welcome to the forum. i am a teacher too. K mostly, this year i have the honor of teaching 1-3 graders. needless to say, i am seriously wondering if i can do it.
cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back