1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nieccole's Intro - Recently Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nie, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Hi,

I'm nieccole from Illinois. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and came here hoping to find support, information, and others that understand. My PTSD is multi-faceted stemming from a singular traumatic event, and "extended exposure to extreme trauma." I also am dealing with depression, anxiety, and OCD stemming from the PTSD. I am 27 years old, married, female, and a middle school teacher. I am doing my best to try to work through things to become a healthier person.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
    nieccole

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. Everything you said you are looking for is right here in one nice package.

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hello :hello:, nieccole........IMHO, you've come to the right place for just what you're looking for support, info., understanding and more.

Welcome to the forum!

Hope

nie likes this.
  5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome..............

I hope that you find what you need here. It's a wonderful place full of terrific people. It's filled with love, knowledge, help, and hope......

Wendy

nie likes this.
  6. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

A little more about me. I am currently seeing a psychologist twice a week and a psychiatrist once a month. I take Effexor in the mornings and Seroquel at night. I also have a prescription for Ambien and Xanax, but those are for only as needed. I have only taken the Ambien once, and the Xanax three times in the three weeks that I have had them. I have been drug, alcohol, and cigarette free for 8 years, 6 months, and 16 days. I have been in therapy now since March. It took me 7 months after I got the psychologist's name to get up the nerve to call him. Although it is really hard, I am glad that I made the call.

7. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

welcome Nieccole, you have found a great place for info and support, you have made a great first step asking and looking for help good luck

nie likes this.
  8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Nieccole, welcome to the forum.

nie likes this.
  9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Nieccole,

Welcome to the forum.

Lisa

nie likes this.
  10. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum!

nie likes this.
  11. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Hi Nieccole!

I am a teacher, too, though I teach elementary kids. Sometimes teaching really stresses me out--there can be too much stimulation!--but it's also the biggest thing getting me through each day. Welcome to the forum, it's a wonderful place to help us feel not alone.

12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

13. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, nieccole! welcome to the forum. i am a teacher too. K mostly, this year i have the honor of teaching 1-3 graders. needless to say, i am seriously wondering if i can do it.
    cathy

nie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar