1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nie's Imagery

Discussion in 'General' started by nie, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

This is an imaginary journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing what is far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road? grey
    Q2. What texture is the road? it is bumpy like a coarse sandpaper
    Q3. How solid is the road? the road is mostly solid, but there are gaps where it is cracked and falling in

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? I swim across the river, but it is a hard swim and takes almost all of my energy to keep going
    Q5. What does the water look like? The water is mostly clear. I can see through the water to see what is around me
    Q6. How fast is the water current? the current is quick, but not so fast that it is pulling me under
    Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? There are branches flowing down the river that I have to make sure not to run into, there are small fish, and water bugs

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? blue
    Q9. What condition is the house in? the house is old, but not falling down. It looks like it could be a good house if it was given some love and care.
    Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? the house is empty

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? the cup is red
    Q12. What condition is the cup in? the cup is new and in very good condition.
    Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? there is water in the cup

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? There is a large tree that has uprooted and fallen over the road. It appears to be hundreds of years old and to have fallen during a storm. The old tree is slightly rotted, but still very solid. Its width is as high as I am tall. The tree seems to be blocking the path in such a way that I am not sure if I can get past it. It is hollowed out at one end, and I can fit inside of it.
    Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? an open field of wild flowers.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

You feel life is confusing at present, a little bumpy though progressing even though you may find it difficult at times. Whilst you are trusting within sexual intimacy, you feel as though it takes all your energy and focus to maintain that trust. You are aware of your sexual intimacy problems, likely from a male. You feel your support systems are healing, whether your healing from the lack of past support or healing presently from your current situation, support is healing within you. Your support has been pretty poor, hence your very low self esteem demonstrated. Your fooling yourself surrounding commitment, because whilst you believe your commitment is great, you have been victimized surrounding commitment, and you demonstrate commitment to someone or something else. You biggest problem at present is the feeling of victimization by a male. You envisage a future, though certainly unsure at this stage.

4. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Anthony,

Thank you. I got kind of stuck typing it out as far as what it meant. I tried, and it is saved on my computer, but I didn't feel like I could get it finished, so I didn't post it. I hope that is ok.

-nieccole