• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News No Clue Who To Vote For!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This election in the US - OMG!! Really?!

I won't vote for anyone that hasn't earned/is worthy of my vote. Period.

moving to a small island in the middle of the arctic
My son is saying the same thing. I think you will have company! I don't blame young people who feel this way.

If it's got to get however bad it has to, OK. It's like watching an alcoholic that hasn't gotten any help and isn't ready to.

I'm voting for Hillary. I know she doesn't have the best personality, but she is strong and experienced and knowledgeable. That's the kind of person I want running country. Plus she gets along with Congress, which means she could do a lot good. My dream vote would be Bernie, but he's not gonna win.

Hillary is not a viable option to me any more than Trump is due to the conflict in the middle east. The way things are currently being handled will create a never ending cycle of worsening conflict.

Plus I have a hate affair with Monsanto and won't vote for her based on her being on the board of directors for monsanto and hiring a monsanto lobbyist as her advisor. This issue for me goes a lot deeper than whether GMO's are safe to eat. I wrote more, but I decided to stop there since I don't want to derail the thread.

As much as I don't want Trump in, voting for Hillary would go against my moral sensibilities as well. Nope, I can't vote for either of them, I just can't.

Sanders is a reprehensible and atrocious human being - but he's marginally better than the other candidates. He's made it clear that he is proudly supportive of Israel's genocidal war crimes against Palestinian women and children but at least he talks a big game about helping people out over here.

Carson is a delusional oppression-apologist with a persecution complex (typical for a Christian); he just should've stuck with doing lobotomies. Trump - it's hard to tell if he's just trolling the public or completely serious... which is scary. Hillary is a weak-livered, thinly-veiled capitalist posing as a "progressive". The others are so pathetic that they aren't even worthy of mention.

I'm a Republican and I'm for Ted Cruz. I expect to get shit for this, but considering Sanders, Trump and the Hildabeast (Granny Pantsuit who has a boat load of frequent flier miles but actually managed not to accomplish anything of note)... well he's got the better resume.

My mister is a Democrat and he's so ticked off at the party he's for Ted Cruz too.

I want to exercise my right to vote and I know how important it is to vote but I feel like each option is the wrong one!

Yes, vote!! I've often gone out and not been really happy to vote for any candidate, but willingly voting for the least bad candidate. Seems to happen during the majority of elections. To not vote felt like a "vote" for the candidate I definitely did not want. So it's important to follow the candidates and make a decision, even if it doesn't feel perfect. So I'm super glad to hear you are concerned and want to exercise this right. It's so important!

None of the candidates are perfect. Personally, I feel like Sanders has the most principles that are deeply tied to a better collective, and he is really invested in those principles vs acting as a puppet to too many interest groups or deep pockets. I also do believe he has a shot. But if it came down to Clinton and Trump, I'd definitely get out and vote for Hillary. If I had to wait in line for hours to vote, I'd DO IT. The idea of Trump as president scares the shit out of me really.

In the US, Bernie Sanders looks the best of the bunch but he most likely doesn't stand a chance and so, as Ed said, Hillary is the lesser evil. And while no choice was ideal for us this past fall (though I am very happy with my MP and actually honoured that she'll represent my riding in Parliament), I am just relieved that Harper\s out. Thus far, the new government is doing well, IMHO. I hope that continues. Hopefully, next year the US can be relieved not to have Trump or any wacko as President...

I can't even believe this is the post that got me to login while on lunch, but.....

FridayJones - Aptly and succinctly put!

Ed Norton - Halleluiah, brother!

Personally, I stay as far away from this hot, intrepid mess as I can until Primary Time and then I do vote within my party, and then again on election day. I have voted for someone I didn't exactly believe in before , but he seemed the better choice of the two. It's important to vote. For those of you in the swing states, it's is especially important to exercise your right to vote.

P.S. You know your country is in trouble when some finance-based egomaniac is on the ticket for the RNC?!?!?! What the heck? Too many people are watching the Housewives of "enter city" and believing it's real life, I think. For Pete's sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back