1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nobody's Anger

Discussion in 'Social' started by nobody, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobody

nobody Active Member

I expect an apology in my email inbox

from bec, who was severely rude and vents her frustration out on others

from veiled, who vented her frustration by interpretting it as she wanted to, for the original message said, "Show respect, or ban me."

Or I will not return

And you will continue looking like a flamer looking to have her troll ego stroked :claps:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Nobody:

I have moved your post so that we can deal with this separately from the music.

Don't worry about the title, it will get changed to something more appropriate once I've had some coffee.

Now, I don't owe you an apology nor does anyone else. I wasn't being rude, simply stating what I thought, according to what you had stated.

I could have misunderstood, absolutely. However, name calling and threatening isn't getting you anywhere.

We are used to anger on here. It's a huge part of PTSD, so is learning how to handle it better.

So you can either try to communicate with us.. and resolve what you think is an issue. Or you can keep this up and you just won't come out of moderation. Simple as that.

You can not demand respect, you have to earn it. Which you haven't, as of yet. Also, if you don't want to be here, don't. None of us are forcing you. You have a to be willing to be here.

However, the real question here is, what are you really angry about Nobody?

Bec

I wanted to add Nobody, that name calling and threatening others on this forum, is unacceptable. Stating that your angry at someone is fine.. but no name calling or threats, as we will edit it out or delete the posts. For clarification, that is our job as Editors.

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I have nothing to apologize for. I did what I am supposed to as an editor. Your posts were merged into the music thread as it was the same content/topic and if we have two open threads of the same content and topic we merge them. That is what editors do, edit.

I deleted the other posts you made following that and you are back in moderation. Won't apologize for that either as in both posts were not allowed in this forum. Maybe other places you can tell someone to suck on a certain thing... twice. Not here. It is entirely up to you if you are here or not. You can swear on here we don't really put any restraints of that so much, but telling others what to do to you and threaten because we edit according to forum rules. Well, as an adult we both know that is just not nice at all. Of course you end back up in moderation again. That is simply so we do not have to live on the forum awaiting your next post and make sure something that vulgar and treats do not reappear. We can just come back when we would normally be here and weed that content out.

You have to step back and think what you originally blew up over. Your thread being merged. Once you can calm down and not fly off the handle in such a manner we will be happy to remove the moderation.

Personally, I think becvan deserves the apology for telling her all those horrible things.

Inappropriately placed anger is normal with PTSD, but it still not something to use as an excuse. We are still responsible for how we act.

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Bec & veiled,

I am sorry that either one of you had to put up with anyones verbal abuse, and disgusting verbiage on top of it. We don't need this kind of anger, and it should never be aimed at anyone on this board....

Sorry that you had to put up with it....Hugs to both of you for the great jobs that you do...

Wen

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I am honestly just relieved, for once it wasn't at me. Saying that though, all editors get abused just because its a point of contact. The shit put up with you have no idea unless you have moderated any forum before, and I mean any forum.

Nobody, if you haven't read the editorial policy linked from the homepage, please do so I would suggest, as that explains what will be edited and how to avoid being edited. As veiled outlined, similar threads of general topic are typically merged, so we don't have 10 music threads or the like.

Bec hit the real question on the head though... why the anger? Anger is not an emotion mate, its an emotional response. You want to talk anger, your talking to the right person. I had so much of it during PTSD I used to knock people out just for looking at me wrong, and I mean that literally. I now control my anger 99% of the time compared to what I just outlined.

7. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Nobody, I must agree with what has been written here. Veiled's actions were in line with this forum's editorial policy, and that policy keeps the forum well organized and easy for everyone to read and find topics. Do not take it as a personal slight against yourself, it is far from that. Many have had their posts edited and even deleted. That includes editors. No one is immune to the rules here. Furthermore I saw no nastiness from Bec, she was just stating the truth, that not everyone likes happy songs. In fact many are triggered by them.

Anthony is an excellent person to discuss your anger with, I do hope you avail yourself of this opportunity. He could very much help you. And my Evie (batgirl) who you have spoken with a bit before, also struggles with severe bouts of anger here on the forum. She is far from managing it well, however is at the point where she realizes the anger is misdirected and masking her true emotions. She is too ill at present to be on the forum, having just had surgery, however I showed her this thread and she more than willing to communicate with you and share her experiences once she's a little better. She understands where you are coming from. So keep that in mind as well.

People here do truly want to help you Nobody, but you must take steps to help yourself as well, and be willing to admit errors. Do take care, I wish you only the best.